The Dawg Pound Introduction Thread

zelbell

Name: Karnell Hollins

Current Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Occupation or school/area of study: Truck Driver

Nicknames: Nel

Interests besides football: Working out/Fitness comp

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Tupac, Micheal Jordan, Mila Kunis. Kate Upton

Favorite Food: Lobster

Favorite Movies: Deadpool

Favorite TV Shows: Dexter/24

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Tupac,

5 favorite albums of all-time: 

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Joe Thomas

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Bernie kosar

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Dan Marino

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: I respect his game...Antonio Brown

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Name: Rick

Age: Up there.  I prefer to measure this logarithmically.

Current Location:  LaGrange (No, not the Texas one.  There is one in Ohio.)

Hometown:  Cleveland

Occupation or school/area of study:  Engineer

Nicknames:  Chard, Daddoo, Pickle Rick (new one) and the ever popular exit everyone has

Interests besides football:  Beer, guitars, horses

Your Dream Dinner (5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet):  Roosevelt, Churchill, Truman, Einstein, and Hawking

Favorite Food:  You don't get a body like this saying no to much

Favorite Movies:  Goodfellas, Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, Animal House

Favorite TV Shows:  Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Justified, The Office, King of the Hill

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time:  Led Zeppelin, Genesis (pre-Phil and the Collinaires), Peter Gabriel, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Aerosmith

Favorite current Cleveland Brown:  Damn, just missed JT.  Guess I have to say Kirksey.

Favorite past Cleveland Brown:  the REAL Clay Matthews

• Like 1

I'm bored I figured I'd do this

Name: John/Jack

Current Location: Columbus, probably back to Cleveland after school

Hometown: Bedford, OH

Occupation or school/area of study: Studying Philosophy graduating this spring

Nicknames: Usually just get called my last name, chode for a little while in high school

Interests besides football: Basketball, turfgrass science, women, hip hop

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Action Bronson, Bill Burr, Albert Camus, Rashida Jones, Snoop Dogg

Favorite Food: Mexican

Favorite Movies: City of God, Tropic Thunder, Superbad, Little Big Man

Favorite TV Shows: Always Sunny, GoT, Trailer Park Boys, Xavier Renegade Angel, Breaking Bad, The Boondocks

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Jack White, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eminem

5 favorite albums of all-time: Illmatic, Elephant, Hell Hath No Fury, Good Kid Maad City, Nevermind

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Josh Gordon

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Josh Cribbs

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Steve Smith (Panthers)

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Zeke

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 9:38 AM, zelbell said:

Name: Jesse

Current Location: Columbus, OH

Hometown: Marysville, OH

Occupation or school/area of study: Courthouse

Nicknames: Kramer (Grew up with an always frizzy flattop)

Interests besides football: Horror movies, Role-playing Games, Settlers of Catan, reading a variety of Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, my twins

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Hunter S Thompson, Ronald Dahl, Chuck Palahniuk, Dan Harmon, and Bernie Sanders

Favorite Food: Sushi

Favorite Movies: Hudson Hawk, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Battle Royale, and Evil Dead

Favorite TV Shows: Don't watch much regular TV anymore, Seinfeld was up there though

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, NIN, Pearl Jam

5 favorite albums of all-time: Core (STP), Purple (STP), Superunknown (Soundgarden), Ten (Pearl Jam), The Crow Soundtrack

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Joel Bitonio

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Michael Dean Perry

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Brett Favre

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Darren Sproles

Edited by Bernie's Curls
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I thought of my 5 just being my favorite cast members of Action Bronson and friends watch Ancient Aliens.

I've only seen an episode or two of that show, but if Big Body Bes ever makes an appearance at my dinner table I'm gonna be laughing too hard to eat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Used to post here religiously about seven years ago. I recently got an analytics project regarding the NFL and have jumped back into following it closely. 

Name: Jordan

Current Location: Fairfax, Virginia

Hometown: Beachwood, OH

Occupation or school/area of study: Political science Ph.D. student at George Mason University.

Nicknames: None

Interests besides football: International affairs, basketball, history, and statistics. 

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Probably a bunch of random historical figures and academics.

Favorite Food: Something high in protein

Favorite Movies: Moneyball and Good Fellas

Favorite TV Shows: Marvel's Netflix Universe

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Metallica, and Guns N Roses

5 favorite albums of all-time: Ride the Lightning, By The Way, Ten, Appetite for Destruction, and Collision Course

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Denzel Ward

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Joe Thomas

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Larry Fitzgerald

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: ^^, if it is someone else, though, probably Cam Newton.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

New to posting on here but have been reading this site for probably the last 6 years or so. Great insight and I cant wait to contribute. 

Name:  Greg

Current Location: Denver, Colorado

Hometown: Mentor, Ohio

Occupation or school/area of study: Pilot, Frontier Airlines

Nicknames: 

Interests besides football: Snowboarding, Golf, Softball, Any Cleveland Sports team 

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): History Buff, Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan, Ted Williams (hate the Red-Sox but this dudes story is incredible), Paul Brown, Jim Brown

Favorite Food: Alaskan King Crab or Lobster 

Favorite Movies: Way too many, most comedies, or war movies

Favorite TV Shows: Son of Anarchy, watched is many times through

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Love music but i dont have a go to favorite. Country, some Classic Rock

5 favorite albums of all-time:  pass

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Duke Johnson

Favorite past Cleveland Brown:  Joe Haden (going to the steelers was a heart breaker) 

Favorite non-brown player of all-time:  Ladanian Tomilison

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Carson Wentz (about cried when we passed on him) 

• Like 3

I figured i hadn't done this yet and while its at the top of the topics list I might as well...

I've been reading and posting (albeit sporadically) on here since back to 2005 or 2006

Name: Dave

Current Location: New Brunswick, NJ (Previously Lexington, KY, Grand Rapids, MI, Baltimore, MD)

Hometown: Rochester, NY

Occupation or school/area of study: Professional Electrical Engineer.

Nicknames: None

Interests besides football: College Basketball (University of Kentucky, my alma mater), Baseball (Yankees), Pro Basketball (Cavs), Barbershop Singing, Board games, and other nerdy stuff... 

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): George Washington, Nikola Tesla, Emma Stone, Peyton Manning, LaBron James.

Favorite Food: NY Style Pizza

Favorite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Boondock Saints, Everything Marvel

Favorite TV Shows: Scrubs, The West Wing, HIMYM, Sports Night, The Newsroom

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Gaelic Storm, Billy Joel, Barenaked Ladies, Guster, Mumford and Sons

5 favorite albums of all-time: Yeaaaaah, don't know that much about music

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Myles Garrett (not only is he a great player but I LOOOOVE his personality)

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Joe Thomas (its just sad to say past to this.  I have never been so happy for a draft pick as I was for him)

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Peyton Manning (the way he dominated defenses with schemes, best I've ever seen)

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Corey Peters (knew him in college, is an awesome kid)

• Like 2