BDL 2018 Week 2: Camden Hood Rats @ Orlando Ospreys

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Orlando Ospreys  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2018 at 04:00 PM

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I have never seen a defense run a zone blocking scheme. @ny92mike

Perhaps I worded that incorrectly.

How I intended that to read, was that out of the 425 defense, that at times the defensive ends would be dropping into zone coverage, obviously not deep coverage, just short zone coverage in hopes of catching a quick slant or inside routes by the TE's.  I was thinking that was called zone blitz but could be mistaken.   

This game is closer than expected. Alex Smith was nonchalant against a very average defense. Is that one reason enough to vote against Camden? Maybe, but Darius Leonard (amongst other) are some assets. They can rush the pssser and it should come in handy v Rivers. It’s not yet that they’ve played a poor group of OTs, so Rivers might get into an occasional rhythm.

I’m tempted to vote Camden and they have a few things going in their direction. 2 RB set is unnecessary w a statue, and Orlando has a lacking pass rush without sending extra people. Kamara, Gronk, and Evans are the difference makers as even without a true liability in the secondary it’s hard to cover all those weapons with a functional QB like Rivers.

I like the idea of a 2RB offense with a Kamara type and another effective RB, but Royce Freeman isn't there yet.  Going 3 wide to free up the d and unleash Gronk and Kamara would seem to work better against all but the most elite/matchup proof defenses.  JLash plans well again, but I think the overall Orlando offensive firepower is too uch for Alex and friends to keep up with over 4 quarters.  Orlando in a tighter game than it should be.

I really like the Camden game plan here as the new coaching staff in Orlando is still tweaking a few things.  I think Camden has an advantage in the trenches and with Leonard and Ward growing up quick, they have a great D front to back.  

Both teams have a number of impressive weapons, but I think injuries to the Orlando LB corps allows the TEs for Camden to help them chew up the clock.

This one was really tough for me. I hesitate to vote either way because I'm afraid I'll change my mind.

I love the Camden gameplan and I like their defense a lot. If Josh Gordon gets dialed in, then this is an easy playoff team. They are going against a good team here though with a near limitless top end, and I think Orlando is given enough time to hit some of it.

I think the 2 RB system actually is a good twist here. One it screws up coverage on either Gronk or Kamara because redirecting coverage. And second either JLash keeps 3  CBs on the field which is a strength, brings on a 3rd LBer which would then deplete all of his LB reserves and exhaust a run focused team at the second level OR bring on additional safeties which may or may not be able to contain an additional powerback.

Going Orlando as I feel it is an effective strategy. 

1 hour ago, PR said:

I think the 2 RB system actually is a good twist here. One it screws up coverage on either Gronk or Kamara because redirecting coverage

Having 2 backs on the field at the same time then takes one of his other skill players off the field, freeing up another defender of mine, wouldn’t it? It’s not like the second back magically appears as a 12th man and my defense can’t adjust.

Archived