BDL 2018 Week 2: Cuba Smugglers @ Rome Eternals

Whicker

Cuba Smugglers @ Rome Eternals  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2018 at 04:00 PM

rome vs cuba

i feel like this is going to be a game that rome should DOMINATE. from an offensive standpoint, i'm not sure why they decided to basically run 1 formation, but honestly looking at cuba's defense and the scheme, there is no need to even worry bout a different formation. cuba's running a 4-2-5 with a safety at LB. i didn't read anything about ANY blitzes, so correct me if i'm wrong, they plan on rushing 4... with todd gurley in the back field? i understand you think your front 4 is nice, and trust me they are... but what happens when gurley gets passed them? it should be 6 every time man. not to mention that the roman receiving corp can honestly get open with ease once the play action is implemented. cuba should be able to get julio the ball, but that was the only firm statement i saw in their offensive game plan. i honestly feel like its all over the place, but the roman DB's should be able to handle themselves enough to get the W. Julio is gonna get open regardless, and rome is pretty much saying that he's gonna be man to man covered, so i honestly expect 2 TD's out of julio.

but todd gurley is going to run for 4 touchdowns honestly. this is like him playing the cardinals last week lol.

and why isn't kirk cousins starting for cuba? im sorry, but you claim that with those weapons deshaun would be a better player, but how much better do you think kirk would be with that recieving corp?? not to mention you plan on rotating 3 running backs? how will they ever get momentum. i just see alot of holes man. dont be mad at me lol.

Cuba Smugglers more like Cuba Strugglers.

Awful jokes aside I think Cuba gets a lead early and doesn't relent until late in the 3rd when Brees catches fire against a defense getting worn out by Gurley. On the last play of the game Cooper comes up with a clutch TD catch to beat Cuba.

I love Rome’s two tight end balance attack.  And as good as that front four may be for Cuba I don’t think they have the LBer play to slow down Gurley and this attack. The power run against what Rome predicted would be a weak LBer group will make the difference here. I’m still not seeing Watson being able to carry a team after his injury. That is a factor for me in my decision. 

Archived