Wk 2 postgame: GB 29 •MIN 29 (OT)

Cakeshoppe

That Kenny King injury crippled the Packers’ ability to defend the pass. Tramon showed his age a little, and House showed he’s shaky at best...again.

That said, the Packers had plenty of chances to score TDs and had to settle for FGs. Yes, I know they had a ‘6’  taken off the board by a penalty, and there’s no doubt the Packers had many penalties called that really derailed them. 

But for crying out loud, against a quality team, you’ve got to stick the ball in the end zone a couple more times when you’ve got those opportunities! Marcedes Lewis anyone? And I hardly heard Ty Montgomery’s name in the second half. 

Thank goodness for Mason Crosby!

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I was losing it on Mccarthy. Play for fgs and get caught 

I didn't get the feeling he was playing for field goals. Took the shot to Davante where he dropped it. By the way, #22 CLEARLY led with his helmet and should have been given a personal foul for it. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Yes and no! If you reveiw every play the game goes on for 4 hours. The new rules are a joke. The defenders can hardly play defense. 

Challenging a call wouldn't be so bad though. And if it's a touchdown that got called back because of a penalty they can review that as well.

I’m not mad at clay on his penalty. That was a bad call (hit while thrown, he had jis hand down to stop the body weight) and his pressure lead the the called back int.

The hold on the graham td was also questionable.

Ref complaining aside, I thought the D played fine till the late 4th(I’ll give them a little more love since the game should have been over). Definitely got worn out.

On O not a lot surprised me. Wish they would have finished drives. They had chances. Adams dropped that TD.

Just now, Golfman said:

I didn't get the feeling he was playing for field goals. Took the shot to Davante where he dropped it. By the way, #22 CLEARLY led with his helmet and should have been given a personal foul for it. 

Yeah, I don't get putting it on McCarthy. We took a number of shots into the end zone, didn't we? I really liked the offensive game plan, given Rodgers' limitations. And he was clearly playing to win after the HaHa interception.

1 minute ago, Howler said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That's his MO.

Yeah, did Davante drop a FG with 1:30 left in the game?

Did McCray not hold a FG that Jimmy Graham caught?

Why does everyone insist in blaming the head coach for literally everything? I don't get it.

Just now, Lodestar said:

Yeah, I don't get putting it on McCarthy. We took a number of shots into the end zone, didn't we? I really liked the offensive game plan, given Rodgers' limitations. And he was clearly playing to win after the HaHa interception.

I was more upset with the draw on 2nd down the series before.  

Just now, pacman5252 said:

I’m not mad at clay on his penalty. That was a bad call (hit while thrown, he had jis hand down to stop the body weight) and his pressure lead the the called back int.

The hold on the graham td was also questionable.

Ref complaining aside, I thought the D played fine till the late 4th(I’ll give them a little more love since the game should have been over). Definitely got worn out.

On O not a lot surprised me. Wish they would have finished drives. They had chances. Adams dropped that TD.

Agree with all of this. I actually liked a lot of what I saw from the defense. Fun to watch them create pressure. Cousins, Diggs, and Thielen were sensational in this game.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If he would have been playing for field goals we may have ended up winning.....We run it twice after the Dix int then Minnesota has to use both timeouts.  Playing for the td there cost us (course if Adams holds on then playing for the td wins the game....)

Archived