Doom and Gloom thread - We have the worst WR core in the NFL

Vladimir L

Doctson has been a huge disappointment. We really needed him to step up, and we sure haven’t seen that so far. 

I think Richardson has looked pretty decent though, awful drop today notwithstanding. Glad to see him catch a deep one at the end of the half, because we desperately need him to give us more of that vertical threat with Doctson not developing. And we know what Crowder is, a good but not great slot guy. 

There are a number of worse WR corps than this, but it’s definitely not a strength. We badly need a WR1 moving forward to round out the skill position guys. 

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Dare I say, sign Dez and bench Doctson.

I know it’s not ideal, but Josh isn’t winning his match ups and getting open.

No thanks.  This season is going south fast, and we don't need a mouth like Dez in the locker room when we're sitting at 2-4.  

I think it’s too early to determine anything. These guys have only played two games together and only played one half together in the preseason. Gruden said they just don’t have chemistry yet, Alex said they couldn’t get in a rhythm and both are true.

I think it’s too early in Doctson too, but I’m concerned Doctson will never be what we need and want him to be. He seems to have the same qualities & problems that Rod Gardner had. He also hasn’t shown an ability to make tough catches over the middle which is why Pryor isn’t here anymore.

I have no problem with what’s Richardson is doing, I do have an issue with how they are using him. They have him going on too many underneath routes and one back routes when his strength is deep and shallow crossing routes, go routes, post routes, post corner routes and deep in’s and outs, he needs to be used like DJax and it seems so far we’re using him like Garçon.

Crowder just need more targets, we all know he’s an elite slot wr, he just needs more targets. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be getting 8 targets like Reed instead of just 4. He abd Alex almost had a huge 42-yd TD in the second half. That’s an example of chemistry, Alex is used to throwing to a guy the same size but that’s faster and he overthrew Crowder by a few yards.

I think that gets cleaned up over the next few games, the Doctson stuff, I’m not so sure.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s too early to determine anything. These guys have only played two games together and only played one half together in the preseason. Gruden said they just don’t have chemistry yet, Alex said they couldn’t get in a rhythm and both are true.

The Oline has played together for multiple seasons and looked awful all game.  

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

When two separate coaches decide you're not a good enough QB to win a Superbowl with, how do you dupe another organization to trade for this player?  

See Jim Plunkett- Traded once and then cut . won two Super Bowls

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

WRs, QB, scheme, or all three?

Alex Smith is who he is. But, hey, he doesn't turn it over!

Our organization is led by a pack of idiots.

It’s not the scheme, WRs run wide open a lot in Gruden’s scheme. I chalk it up more to inconsistent Wr play, not using Crowder and Reed. I believe Reed’s first target in the 2nd half came well into the 3rd quarter and almost the 4th. We need them targeted more to help open up windows for WRs downfield. I was shocked seeing that they didn’t have more targets, especially Crowder who only had 4.

I think we have a bit of a chemistry/timing issue that needs to get hashed out, but it’s hard to win when your wrs drops 3 passes and your star TE has a fumble in opponents territory either.

Archived