Doom and Gloom thread - We have the worst WR core in the NFL

Vladimir L

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So, what happened to the Alex Smith crew who gave me crap all off-season for being pessimistic? 

I was pessimistic.

Then optimistic.

Now I'm pessimistic again.

This game broke me of my optimism of Alex. Watching him dink and dunk to the middle RB when we need to save the clock AND move downfield and he never throws anywhere near a WR to at least TRY to move the ball (and thus ran out the clock for the Colts), is just a bridge too far for me to continue being optimistic at the present time.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Ah sarcasm- the refuse of the modest and chaste soul ! 

I love sarcasm.

In all seriousness though.  I think its pretty sad our front office was willing to negotiate with Andy Reid again when it was such a similar situation to the Donovan McNabb trade.  Even if they wanted to risk the trade, to then pull the trigger on a $90 mil extension after being so wrong last time is seriously foolish.  

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Great. There's one. From over 30 years ago.

How many others? Meanwhile, how many other QBs, since 1986, have bounced around from teams and won a Super Bowl? Maybe Brad Johnson? Dilfer? 

Ok. Now we're talking!

So compare those 3 to the rest of the QBs that have bounced around and never amounted to much.

Which of those scenarios seems to be the general rule?

In other words, if you're betting your house, which would you go with? 3 examples in 30 years? Or the 100s of examples over that time frame?

Geez man, I was just pointing out --It has happened before. Doesn't mean I expect Alex Smith to do it . 

It was everything I feared when the trade was made. This is what we have to look forward too until at least 2020. The difference is we don’t have the defense or the talented coordinators to make up for Smiths shortcomings. He’s a decent dude and an okay QB but this should’ve been Colts team with a young QB behind him. This move was 100% made by Snyder and Allen. I’d be shocked if Gruden even wanted this trade at all. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I was pessimistic.

Then optimistic.

Now I'm pessimistic again.

This game broke me of my optimism of Alex. Watching him dink and dunk to the middle RB when we need to save the clock AND move downfield and he never throws anywhere near a WR to at least TRY to move the ball (and thus ran out the clock for the Colts), is just a bridge too far for me to continue being optimistic at the present time.

Let me expand on this. 

Great effort was made by the coaches...specifically Gruden...to backhandedly bash Kirk by saying that Alex would throw the 50/50 balls that Kirk wouldn't. 

Where were they yesterday?

As bad as Smith played ( Looks like Chris Thompson will leading the league in catches if Smith doesn't get him kilt ! ) if Reed hadn't fumbled- we MIGHT have scored. Then would have still been adequate time and 3 time outs and the two minute warning.. 

Smith still had a chance to pull victory from the jaws .. 

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

As bad as Smith played ( Looks like Chris Thompson will leading the league in catches if Smith doesn't get him kilt ! ) if Reed hadn't fumbled- we MIGHT have scored. Then would have still been adequate time and 3 time outs and the two minute warning.. 

Smith still had a chance to pull victory from the jaws .. 

Dude he literally ran the clock out for the Colts.  Down 12 points he didn't take a single shot at the endzone.

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Let me expand on this. 

Great effort was made by the coaches...specifically Gruden...to backhandedly bash Kirk by saying that Alex would throw the 50/50 balls that Kirk wouldn't. 

Where were they yesterday?

Threw two, Doctson & PRich Dropped them. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude he literally ran the clock out for the Colts.  Down 12 points he didn't take a single shot at the endzone.

Was there a shot available? At that point the Colts were playing a two deep zone - as they were most of the 2nd half - they were guarding against the deep shot.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I've seen us give up touchdowns so many times -playing this same safe defense. We still coulda scored and had TIME . It's the NFL -You never know .

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Was there a shot available? At that point the Colts were playing a two deep zone - as they were most of the 2nd half - they were guarding against the deep shot.

It doesn't matter, you're down 2 scores.  You HAVE to take a shot, at least try to move down the field.  We're talking about taking the ball over with 7:30 left in the game, not a 2 min drill.  

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It doesn't matter, you're down 2 scores.  You HAVE to take a shot, at least try to move down the field.  We're talking about taking the ball over with 7:30 left in the game, not a 2 min drill.  

Respectfully--- disagree. You DON'T have to take a shot .. Like Turtle said - They were just waiting. It would have taken a petrfect corner pass and a great catch. Throwing underneath -A missed tackle and boom. Someone scores.

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It was everything I feared when the trade was made. This is what we have to look forward too until at least 2020. The difference is we don’t have the defense or the talented coordinators to make up for Smiths shortcomings. He’s a decent dude and an okay QB but this should’ve been Colts team with a young QB behind him. This move was 100% made by Snyder and Allen. I’d be shocked if Gruden even wanted this trade at all. 

One game doesn’t make a season or 3.

Our defensive talent is better than the Chiefs last year and even in yesterday’s game our defense didn’t play awful except for the 1st drive. The first drive was a 75-yard TD drive. The rest of the 3.5 quarters the Colts only amassed 206 yards of offense.

Archived