Doom and Gloom thread - We have the worst WR core in the NFL

Vladimir L

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It doesn't matter, you're down 2 scores.  You HAVE to take a shot, at least try to move down the field.  We're talking about taking the ball over with 7:30 left in the game, not a 2 min drill.  

Yeah, and then you’d complain because he threw an interception or at the end of the year if he ended up with 1 more int than Kirk did you’d complain about that.

He literally can not win with the anti-Alex crew unless he delivers multiple playoff wins and multiple 4500 yd, 30 TD seasons and even if he did, I’m sure you’d still complain.

Just now, TKellion said:

Wow I see we lose one game and things are back to normal around here.Same old doom and gloom.yeah our WR corps is nothing to scare anyone.But another losing season and we might get a new coach.So I am good.Make the playoffs or new coach.win win

This is actually the optimism via pessimism I love!

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, and then you’d complain because he threw an interception or at the end of the year if he ended up with 1 more int than Kirk did you’d complain about that.

He literally can not win with the anti-Alex crew unless he delivers multiple playoff wins and multiple 4500 yd, 30 TD seasons and even if he did, I’m sure you’d still complain.

I'm sorry Turtle. I guarantee that @MKnight82 and I wouldn't be too mad at taking shots downfield when down 2 scores and getting the INT. Yeah, INTs suck and we'd be mad a bit by it, but if the guy is taking chances to win the game, I can put that aside.

Conversely. YOU'D complain about the INT. You have repeatedly said you'd take a guy like Alex over a guy who throws the occasional INT. Case in point, while you were defending Alex and his inability to move the ball and get us scores when we were down 2 scores, you were so focused on the INT that Kirk threw yesterday, you failed to see that Kirk moved the darned ball and brought them back to score 22 points in the final quarter. And then drove them down to the 17 in OT. And if their kicker (who got cut BTW) could make a chipshot, it would've been the game winner.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm sorry Turtle. I guarantee that MKnight82 and I wouldn't be too mad at taking shots downfield when down 2 scores and getting the INT. Yeah, INTs suck and we'd be mad a bit by it, but if the guy is taking chances to win the game, I can put that aside.

Conversely. YOU'D complain about the INT. You have repeatedly said you'd take a guy like Alex over a guy who throws the occasional INT. Case in point, while you were defending Alex and his inability to move the ball and get us scores when we were down 2 scores, you were so focused on the INT that Kirk threw yesterday, you failed to see that Kirk moved the darned ball and brought them back to score 22 points in the final quarter. And then drove them down to the 17 in OT. And if their kicker (who got cut BTW) could make a chipshot, it would've been the game winner.

+1

5 minutes ago, TKellion said:

I still dont want KC back but running the clock out yourself is laughable.

Look- Don't you realize Reed fumbled on the 21 yard line with 5 minutes left in the game and 4 Timeouts ( counting the two minute warning ) We could have scored with plenty of time left for another chance. We weren't running out the %%&&*%#% Clock !

Yes he has a terrible game but I’m not complaining about Smith. To those who are bashing him what other option did the team have? They weren’t picking high enough for a QB. It was Smith or give Keenum or Bradford big money. If they pick high enough to grab the QB of the future in this next draft great. If not then we’re in the playoff hunt. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Respectfully--- disagree. You DON'T have to take a shot .. Like Turtle said - They were just waiting. It would have taken a petrfect corner pass and a great catch. Throwing underneath -A missed tackle and boom. Someone scores.

How can you disagree though?  What he did 100% guaranteed a loss.  At least if you take a few shots you have a chance.  How is being so conservative that it guarantees a loss a good strategy?  

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How can you disagree though?  What he did 100% guaranteed a loss.  At least if you take a few shots you have a chance.  How is being so conservative that it guarantees a loss a good strategy?  

If Reed hadn't fumbled- and we scored with say 2 and half 3 mins left .. If we then got the ball back --THAT would have been Hail Mary time . 

32 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Yes he has a terrible game but I’m not complaining about Smith. To those who are bashing him what other option did the team have? They weren’t picking high enough for a QB. It was Smith or give Keenum or Bradford big money. If they pick high enough to grab the QB of the future in this next draft great. If not then we’re in the playoff hunt. 

You could’ve saved the money and signed Fitzpatrick. You could’ve saved your draft choices, money and Fuller and let Colt play. This is not anything remotely close to a super bowl team so I don’t understand the “what were they supposed to do” crowd? This was a knee-jerk reaction by a stupid franchise that has been making stupid moves since the day this idiot took over ownership. HE. DOESNT. LEARN. 

Archived