Doom and Gloom thread - We have the worst WR core in the NFL

Vladimir L

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I was pessimistic.

Then optimistic.

Now I'm pessimistic again.

This game broke me of my optimism of Alex. Watching him dink and dunk to the middle RB when we need to save the clock AND move downfield and he never throws anywhere near a WR to at least TRY to move the ball (and thus ran out the clock for the Colts), is just a bridge too far for me to continue being optimistic at the present time.

This is me as well. I gave it a shot. 

Maybe ill vascillate a few more times this year, but more likely I’m going to be in the “should’ve trusted my gut” category.

Also, am I the only one who thinks watching how easily Mahomes is tearing it up in Andy Reid’s offense bodes poorly for Alex. There’s a ton of weapons there and he’s producing like crazy. He won’t keep up at this rate, but it leads me to believe last years outlier Alex Smith was more a fluke than an evolution of Alex.

1 week of hope? Man that’s an erratic position as far as having hope for your favorite team. It’s a week to week game, we all know that. The last 3 years have been like that. Some weeks we’d kill the 2016 Packers on a Sunday Night game only lay an egg the rest of the season. ? 

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Maybe ill vascillate a few more times this year, but more likely I’m going to be in the “should’ve trusted my gut” category.

Also, am I the only one who thinks watching how easily Mahomes is tearing it up in Andy Reid’s offense bodes poorly for Alex. There’s a ton of weapons there and he’s producing like crazy. He won’t keep up at this rate, but it leads me to believe last years outlier Alex Smith was more a fluke than an evolution of Alex.

Its why I mentioned that Mahomes threw 6 TDs yesterday

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Do I need to point out again that Alex had #s similar to what Cousins had last year in 1 less game? So, Alex did well with the Chiefs personnel too last year and the Chiefs didn’t have Sammy Watkins last year. Yes, let’s not forget the offensive talent for Mahomes is even better than what Smith played with last year in KC.

Also, Alex is on pace to go over 4,000 yards, be near 70% and near or over a100 rtg this season. Maybe he’s not a once in a generation arm talent like Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes, but he has not been awful, especially when you consider Doctson has 3 drops through two games and if Jamar Taylor doesn’t grab PRich’s arm and take a 5-yard penalty, Alex probably have a 77-yd TD under his belt too.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Do I need to point out again that Alex had #s similar to what Cousins had last year in 1 less game? So, Alex did well with the Chiefs personnel too last year and the Chiefs didn’t have Sammy Watkins last year. Yes, let’s not forget the offensive talent for Mahomes is even better than what Smith played with last year in KC.

Also, Alex is on pace to go over 4,000 yards, be near 70% and near or over a100 rtg this season. Maybe he’s not a once in a generation arm talent like Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes, but he has not been awful, especially when you consider Doctson has 3 drops through two games and if Jamar Taylor doesn’t grab PRich’s arm and take a 5-yard penalty, Alex probably have a 77-yd TD under his belt too.

And none of that erases the fact that he literally ran the clock out all on his own. I would’ve rather he had the balls to throw it into traffic and got picked then just dink and dunk the clock away. That whole entire sequence was embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

And none of that erases the fact that he literally ran the clock out all on his own. I would’ve rather he had the balls to throw it into traffic and got picked then just dink and dunk the clock away. That whole entire sequence was embarrassing. 

You keep saying this yet, I’ve seen everyone complain when Kirk threw game ending ints downfield for two seasons, so I’m sorry, I just don’t believe you. A loss is a loss whether the qb threw a late int pick or if the qb couldn’t complete a big play and the receivers failed to get any yac on his underneath throws on his 4th quarter drives.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You keep saying this yet, I’ve seen everyone complain when Kirk threw game ending ints downfield for two seasons, so I’m sorry, I just don’t believe you. A loss is a loss whether the qb threw a late int pick or if the qb couldn’t complete a big play and the receivers failed to get any yac on his underneath throws on his 4th quarter drives.

What Kirk did drove me crazy. What Alex does gives you no chance to win at all if you are down. At least Kirk wasn’t scared to throw. This dude literally refused to push the ball down the field for fear of being picked and it cost us the game. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What Kirk did drove me crazy. What Alex does gives you no chance to win at all if you are down. At least Kirk wasn’t scared to throw. This dude literally refused to push the ball down the field for fear of being picked and it cost us the game. 

Sure, yet I remember most saying Kirk was gun shy after 2014, so which is it? So many Redskins fans would MMQB Kirk too, thinking they knew it all while not knowing the play calls and ignoring the pass rush as they’d get on the all-22 and show open wrs downfield as Kirk checked it down to CT or went underneath to Crowder or Reed rather than trying a deep shot with Djax in 2016. I don’t have amnesia, and I can’t forget those arguments with people on here and on twitter about that for 3 years.

Heck do you know how many fans on twitter would blame Kirk when Doctson dropped passes last year? Or blamed Kirk for Crowder’s drop in Dallas last year? It was most fans, and I was annoying as hell. Well, the same thing happened to Alex with Doctson’s 2 drops and PRich’s drop. Those drops kill drives.

Those 3 passes = 50 yards and a TD. Those are huge plays, and we wonder why we were in the hunt for Gordon and Floyd and Perriman were signed? It’s blatantly obvious. 

What does Kirk have to do with Alex? Kirk had his flaws as well but all I heard all off-season from the fans and coaches was how we “upgraded”. Meanwhile the other guy is lighting defenses up and ours is trying to break John Becks/Roy Helu’s dubious record. At the present time it certainly looks like the team gave up Fuller, their third round pick and $90M to take a step backwards. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What does Kirk have to do with Alex? Kirk had his flaws as well but all I heard all off-season from the fans and coaches was how we “upgraded”. Meanwhile the other guy is lighting defenses up and ours is trying to break John Becks/Roy Helu’s dubious record. At the present time it certainly looks like the team gave up Fuller, their third round pick and $90M to take a step backwards. 

There’s a direct correlation between your complaints and theirs. You can disagree, I really don’t care but the truth is it’s just one week. For all we know Alex comes back and throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs. We just don’t know, every week is different. And for the record, Alex outplayed Kirk in week 1.

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Your completely missing the point. This isn’t about Cousins versus Smith, this is about Andy Reid creating a QB friendly offense that made Smith look a lot better than he is. We watched Andy Reid “fix” Alex Smith and bought the snake oil. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Your completely missing the point. This isn’t about Cousins versus Smith, this is about Andy Reid creating a QB friendly offense that made Smith look a lot better than he is. We watched Andy Reid “fix” Alex Smith and bought the snake oil. 

Maybe, let’s try not to make our final answer off of just one game because Alex was only average.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Do @Woz and I have to go over the stats again for you? 

As for better personnel? They added a guy who is better known for dropping passes and that's the improved personnel that gets you 6 TDs?

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, let’s try not to make our final answer off of just one game because Alex was only average.

Let’s try not to make our final decision off of one season last year, because other than that he’s been average his whole career.

Archived