Bills CB Vontae Davis reportedly retires at halftime of game

JammerHammer21

On 9/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, Uncle Buck said:

I disagree.  If he had played through the second half and then retired I would have no problem with that.  Just "not wanting to do it anymore" is no excuse for quitting on your team in the middle of a game.

What's the difference in him quitting 30 minutes later?  Just because the game finished?  As far as the game goes, it was over and Davis was actually hurting the team more than he was helping them.  The Bills didn't really have a chance to win the game, but whatever chance they did have increased once Davis went home because he didn't want to play anymore.  Also, for the future it helps the Bills because not only can they give someone else playing time (maybe a young guy, a vet off the street, etc), but they're getting rid of someone who's heart is not in it.

20 hours ago, showtime said:

What's the difference in him quitting 30 minutes later?  Just because the game finished?  As far as the game goes, it was over and Davis was actually hurting the team more than he was helping them.  The Bills didn't really have a chance to win the game, but whatever chance they did have increased once Davis went home because he didn't want to play anymore.  Also, for the future it helps the Bills because not only can they give someone else playing time (maybe a young guy, a vet off the street, etc), but they're getting rid of someone who's heart is not in it.

The difference being you're still in the middle of a game? I'd say that's a big difference.

Archived