Bills CB Vontae Davis reportedly retires at halftime of game

JammerHammer21

This is absolutely hilarious. It's the whole putting on the clothes and just bouncing that puts it over the top. It's one thing if he told everyone at half-time that he doesn't think he can hack it anymore and just chilled on the bench for the rest of the game.

It’s funny as hell from the outside, but prolly pretty difficult to realize you’re physically declining and unable to do your job.

People don’t always handle difficult decisions well.  This is an example of handling it poorly from a professional point of view.

Still the GOAT way to call it a career. ? 

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And where did he play before this? Oh the totally real football team that is the Indianapolis Colts. He gets 2 weeks in with a real football team instead of a money laundering front and he can't hack it any more. 

Just add this to the pile of proof that the Colts aren't real.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

In his hay day, Vonte Davis was a really good CB.  He said that he realized today that he shouldn't be out there anymore.  He has obviously declined a lot and he's nowhere near the player he once was.  Sucks that it happened during the middle of a game, but it really doesn't make much of a difference if he did it the way he did or waited until after the game.  If he had waited until after the game, people would still be saying the same thing - He couldn't wait until after the season is over?  He made a commitment to play for the Bills and he just quit in the middle of a season?

The guy said he's done right now and that's it.  He's at peace with himself and his family, so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I remember one of my favorite ever interviews was with LT talking about the moment he knew he was going to retire. It was 24-13, they were losing with 3 minutes left in the third quarter and he thought to himself “UGH, I really hope they don’t run my way.” He said then and there he had in a moment lost that edge, and instantly knew he was done.

Archived