5 up/5 down; The Mahowned edition

warfelg

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Was Browns outburst due to the team underperforming? Or was it for more self-serving reasons? hard to say anything until I have an answer to that question.

At this point I don't even care.  I'm kind of just glad to see someone fired up on the sideline instead of just giving some bland media friendly ramblings after the game.  Also dude was open several times while Ben's downfield accuracy just isn't there.

1 minute ago, Bobikus said:

At this point I don't even care.  I'm kind of just glad to see someone fired up on the sideline instead of just giving some bland media friendly ramblings after the game.  Also dude was open several times while Ben's downfield accuracy just isn't there.

and to think the media pause don to us hoe ben said this is the best he has felt and more accurate than ever? He was bad last week, and not much better this week.  If AB is the one that needs to set the wheels in motion for change, then I am all for  it. Right now we have too many people and coaches not being accountable and the team keeps skidding along.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Was Browns outburst due to the team underperforming? Or was it for more self-serving reasons? hard to say anything until I have an answer to that question.

After seeing different angles, he was wide open in the endzone 3 times in the second half and Ben was staring at him and didn't throw it.

10 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

Yeah...we'll see if Ben can shake off the rust and get back on the same page as Brown.

They cant keep Ben out of the preseason.   Some QBs dont need those reps.   Ben does.   I dont care how old he is or how long he has been doing this....Ben is rusty when he hasnt played in awhile.   Looking good in training camp doesnt matter.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

After seeing different angles, he was wide open in the endzone 3 times in the second half and Ben was staring at him and didn't throw it.

Even if he threw it, he wouldve likely overthrown him.

Ben couldve had 5 or 6 long TDs and several other long completions if his downfield accuracy was even remotely better.   He is overthrowing everyone.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Even if he threw it, he wouldve likely overthrown him.

Ben couldve had 5 or 6 long TDs and several other long completions if his downfield accuracy was even remotely better.   He is overthrowing everyone.

I think it's Browns combined frustration of still not being 100%, Ben being off, and working his )(*# off to get open to only be ignored.

Just now, warfelg said:

I think it's Browns combined frustration of still not being 100%, Ben being off, and working his )(*# off to get open to only be ignored.

Completely agreed.

PS....why are we limited to the number of likes we can give out on a given day?    :ph34r:

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Completely agreed.

PS....why are we limited to the number of likes we can give out on a given day?    :ph34r:

I dunno I hate it.

I think something is more wrong with Ben's elbow than they are letting on.  Maybe to the point that Dobbs should have played.  Lask week the injury happened on the plays Myles Garrett literally pulled back on his hand as he was moving his arm forward.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I dunno I hate it.

I think something is more wrong with Ben's elbow than they are letting on.  Maybe to the point that Dobbs should have played.  Lask week the injury happened on the plays Myles Garrett literally pulled back on his hand as he was moving his arm forward.

While Ben certainly looks off, there was no way Dobbs was going to come in and put up the 40+ points it was going to take to beat the Chiefs today.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

While Ben certainly looks off, there was no way Dobbs was going to come in and put up the 40+ points it was going to take to beat the Chiefs today.

I dunno, I think it's too early in the season for us to be throwing Ben out there if he's hurt.  Clearly he's not like ARod and able to sit out practice all week and then perform at a high level.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I dunno, I think it's too early in the season for us to be throwing Ben out there if he's hurt.  Clearly he's not like ARod and able to sit out practice all week and then perform at a high level.

I agree in the context of preventing further injury.   Just saying I dont think Dobbs wouldve faired any better TODAY.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree in the context of preventing further injury.   Just saying I dont think Dobbs wouldve faired any better TODAY.

Oh I agree and not saying he would have.  Just more so that if there was a time to do it....this was it.  Playing a bad defense, you could have taken the pressure off of him.

Of course that means that the defense would have to play better.

48 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah...we'll see if Ben can shake off the rust and get back on the same page as Brown.

They cant keep Ben out of the preseason.   Some QBs dont need those reps.   Ben does.   I dont care how old he is or how long he has been doing this....Ben is rusty when he hasnt played in awhile.   Looking good in training camp doesnt matter.

Also Ben keeps playing hurt and was limited in practice this week.  Every time Ben's banged up the past few years he has a bad habit of overcompensating on his throws.

I still think he gets into better form by mid-season, but it won't matter if there's too many losses by then.  It sounds weird to blame the offense much on a day when the team scored 37, but Ben definitely left more than those 5 needed points on the field.

Archived