The Good, the Bad, the 0-2 team vs the Broncos

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was gassed. The entire defense was gassed. It was a "lazy uninterested" thing. He simply was done. The Raiders have zero depth for pass rushers. They have a real problem there. Key should be the 3rd option and has been elevated for obvious reasons. They have no 3rd option. Edge rushers are priority 1 this offseason. 

It's almost like trading Mack when they did was a bad idea

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was gassed. The entire defense was gassed. It was a "lazy uninterested" thing. He simply was done. The Raiders have zero depth for pass rushers. They have a real problem there. Key should be the 3rd option and has been elevated for obvious reasons. They have no 3rd option. Edge rushers are priority 1 this offseason. 

I know the entire D was gassed. I said "i understand it's the 4th quarter in mile high early in the season". The problem is on this clip the rest of the dline is trying much harder than Irvin. And it's not like Irvin played the most snaps on the dline in this game either. So if the veteran leader of the group isn't showing the example in this situation, he has some explaining to do.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Meh I think we needed to punch it in instead of kicking so many fgs. I’m sorry if the d shuts out a opponent in the first half we should’ve had at least 3 tds. Penalties and mistakes killed us in the 2nd half. Carr did good tho dam near perfect. Penalties and mistakes tho killed us

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ugly:

Game killing plays:

Penn missed block on extra point (1 point)

Irvin unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when they forced a 4th down giving the go ahead TD (4 point swing)

Cook not getting set on a 2nd and 4 late

Smith drop on an excellent designed 4th down call

I think these are a key thing to highlight here. All of the worst things that happened in this game were small individual mistakes (maybe not so small in Irvin's case; his was just downright stupidity). If even one of those doesn't happen, there's a good chance we win. It shows the fine lines between winning or losing at this level, but the fact that we were that close does give grounds for some positive thinking despite an 0-2 start.

I still think this season is a write off. A 'see what we've got' season for Gruden. We'll win maybe 6 games, and possibly that's not good enough, but if we continue to see Carr and Cooper connect like they did yesterday, continue to see a stud LT develop before our eyes, and continue to see that Paul Guenther can put out a solid defense with minimal playing talent, then I think things will end up being ok.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Dante Fowler comes to mind don’t know off the top of my head any other Free agents 

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

When they go over the game film, Irvin will have a lot of explaining to do. There's a clip showing him uninterested to give any kind of effort to rush on Denver's game winning drive. I understand it's the 4th quarter in mile high early in the season but the dude didn't even try.

Hes always been a ghost the first half of the season. Then he has a couple multiple sack games in the 2nd half to make his output look decent. Guy was annoyance in Seattle. I remember him calling to leave for Atlanta (after the season) in the middle of the season.

offense didn't have the ball the 2nd half, that can't happen our defense can't sustain that much time on the field.

Hope this game is for Carr and the offense a foundation, and next week they go for the KO if it's possible. Because i don't see other way to win games.

The great thing is coaching, i remember JDR not making much of Bye Week or those kind of situations were good coaches can gameplan better, I totally see Gruden outcoaching inferior coaches in those situations.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There are some good FA's on the market. Not signing Mack should boost the spending power

I know he might be getting up there but i will never not wanna see Chris Long play for us at some point.

Guys i like that are attainable...

DE - Chris Long, Dante Fowler, Markus Golden

DT - Sheldon Richardson, Bennie Logan

LB - KJ Wright, Deone Buchanon, Avery Williamson(CJ Mosley would be my dream FA pickup)

S - LOADED for next year and i would pray we get one of them. Lamarcus Joyner, Earl Thomas, Kenny Vaccaro, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Landon Collins, Tyrann Matthieu, Tre Boston, Jimmie Ward, George Iloka, anf Adrian Amos are all in contract years. No reason why we cant sign a sizable upgrade over Nelson next offseason.

24 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I know he might be getting up there but i will never not wanna see Chris Long play for us at some point.

Guys i like that are attainable...

DE - Chris Long, Dante Fowler, Markus Golden

DT - Sheldon Richardson, Bennie Logan

LB - KJ Wright, Deone Buchanon, Avery Williamson(CJ Mosley would be my dream FA pickup)

S - LOADED for next year and i would pray we get one of them. Lamarcus Joyner, Earl Thomas, Kenny Vaccaro, HaHa Clinton-Dix, Landon Collins, Tyrann Matthieu, Tre Boston, Jimmie Ward, George Iloka, anf Adrian Amos are all in contract years. No reason why we cant sign a sizable upgrade over Nelson next offseason.

Mathieu and Fowler are the guys I'd target. Both are gonna cost some dough, but they are both affordable enough and are young. They also could feasibly hit the market, unlike guys like Demarcus Lawrence, Ansah, Mosley, Landon Collins, etc.

I'll make this list off the top of my head and we can look back on it in the future:

Future Raiders IMO if I had to guess off the top of my head:

Tevin Coleman (dark horse spencer ware)

Darqueze Dennard

Brandon Graham

Archived