The Good, the Bad, the 0-2 team vs the Broncos

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm digging the Coleman train around here. No doubt he is going to hit FA and be a hot commodity. However we let Mack go so we weren't strapped for cash and can go after guys like this. Lynch retires, Martin is gone and steps in Coleman and a rookie to pair with Richard. My likey. 

See I don't know if we will invest draft capital (at least early) AND pay Coleman big bucks.

I don't think he's going to command that much either. Not more than Mckinnon, who was a big overpay.

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

See I don't know if we will invest draft capital (at least early) AND pay Coleman big bucks.

I don't think he's going to command that much either. Not more than Mckinnon, who was a big overpay.

Doesn't necessarily have to be early like you mentioned. I just want some playmakers and RB's seemingly fall every year. If one is there that Gruden likes then I hope we don't just because we got Coleman. Our team needs talent and depth badly.

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Doesn't necessarily have to be early like you mentioned. I just want some playmakers and RB's seemingly fall every year. If one is there that Gruden likes then I hope we don't just because we got Coleman. Our team needs talent and depth badly.

I won't debate this LOL.

I was pissed that we lost because its the freaking Broncos and I hate them and it was a very winnable game, but the biggest positive to come out of this game was that Carr showed glimpses of 2016 DC. I haven't been DC's biggest fan in the past year but even I can admit dude was out there dealing, standing tall and confident in the pocket and letting it rip. We are not a good team so Im not as pressed about our record this year, so I will be judging Gruden as a coach on whether or not he can rebuild Carr back up to where he was.

Another positive was Coop. Obviously we know he's capable of games like these, but it was the way he did it. He didn't have any drops, caught every target that was thrown his way, and he worked each part of the field. He didn't just get all his yards on splash plays either. He was a consistent threat throughout the game and probably would've iced the game if he didnt get called for that BS PI on that last drive.

And obviously Kolton Miller. He shut Bradley Chubb down and made him look like JAG. Very pleased with him through two weeks. Gareon Conley made some plays too but gave up some too. But those are 4 longterm players for us that showed well and seem to be getting better.

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

the biggest positive to come out of this game was that Carr showed glimpses of 2016 DC. I haven't been DC's biggest fan in the past year but even I can admit dude was out there dealing, standing tall and confident in the pocket and letting it rip.

Only thing that sucked, was they should have let him throw the ball late. He's the best player on your team, let him win you the game. I get eating the clock, but with no explosiveness at the RB spot, let Carr do his thing. 

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And obviously Kolton Miller. He shut Bradley Chubb down and made him look like JAG. Very pleased with him through two weeks. Gareon Conley made some plays too but gave up some too. But those are 4 longterm players for us that showed well and seem to be getting better.

Kolton played really well. Credit to Tom Cable for getting him ready. Hope he keeps it up. Taking nothing away from Miller here, this is more about Chubb.... are we sure he's not JAG? I'm not overly impressed with him. Looks stiff and never was an explosive first step guy. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Only thing that sucked, was they should have let him throw the ball late. He's the best player on your team, let him win you the game. I get eating the clock, but with no explosiveness at the RB spot, let Carr do his thing. 

Kolton played really well. Credit to Tom Cable for getting him ready. Hope he keeps it up. Taking nothing away from Miller here, this is more about Chubb.... are we sure he's not JAG? I'm not overly impressed with him. Looks stiff and never was an explosive first step guy. 

This.  I think he was hyped as something he wasn't.  I could see him developing into a Michael Bennett type of player, he'll never be Von or Mack.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:01 AM, true2form said:

This.  I think he was hyped as something he wasn't.  I could see him developing into a Michael Bennett type of player, he'll never be Von or Mack.

Chubb was one of the most overrated players from the 2018 draft, never got the hype. As you said he can definitely be a solid player but he'll never be an elite pass rusher.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:24 AM, big_palooka said:

Kolton played two of the best DL he'll face all year already and played better than the 4 veterans. I've actually been really disappointed with the play of our interior OL. We've invested $30M into that group for what? Our running game is trash.

I just caught this game last night and although it was a loss, I thought the team looked pretty good overall.

Good:

• Carr played a very good game. So far, including the Monday night game, I think he's looked as accurate on underneath throws as ever.
  • Marshawn Lynch looked like LeSean McCoy on some cuts.
  • Amari Cooper got it going. This is also probably a product of Carr looking his way more.
  • Kolton Miller held his own against Chubb on the left side.
  • Rashaan Melvin looked really good on his interception.

Bad:

• The edge pass rush looks anemic on most downs.
  • Gareon Conley didn't have a good game like some are suggesting. He got beat or should have got beat a handful of times.
  • Donald Penn got manhandled by Von Miller.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kolton played two of the best DL he'll face all year already and played better than the 4 veterans. I've actually been really disappointed with the play of our interior OL. We've invested $30M into that group for what? Our running game is trash.

For Carr passing 29 of 32, 30 of 32 without the Smith drop. Which is one of the most efficient passing games by a QB ever.

They've never been a run game unit. They're a pass blocking group. And considering the modern game, and Carr, it's the right idea. It just has to be utilized properly, which means not trying to run the game out at the end. Pass/run the game out, just like you played it for the other 3 quarters.

Archived