GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

14 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Conspiracy: Dorsey drafted Chad Thomas to make himself look like a genius next year when QB1 Ed Oliver is added into the mix. The juxtaposition is real

If Hue reviews the tape and decides to start Baker, we're picking way too low for Ed Oliver.

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Oh ****!!!!!!

I get to change this ******* sig!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to read the small print. You can only change the sig when the Browns win a playoff game. Sorry, Brownie. You're going to have to wait a few more months.

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

We still cut like 85% of our roster but if guys like Peppers, Njoku, Ogunjobi, JoeScho, and Rashardo end up being players then I'll promote him to Phil Savage-tier.

Garrett, BBC, and Ward (he has to get some credit for acquiring the pick, no?) Chubb to some degee too.

Im just saying, Schobert has already made a pro bowl.  Garrett looks like an obvious pro bowler. Ogunjobi sure looks the part thus far. That’s potentially 3 in 2 draft classes.

Of course that doesn’t account for what Njoku and Peppers will do in time, add both are still pups.

Just sayin, that’s not a bad 2 years of drafting for a “nerd”.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Garrett, BBC, and Ward (he has to get some credit for acquiring the pick, no?) Chubb to some degee too.

Im just saying, Schobert has already made a pro bowl.  Garrett looks like an obvious pro bowler. Ogunjobi sure looks the part thus far. That’s potentially 3 in 2 draft classes.

Of course that doesn’t account for what Njoku and Peppers will do in time, add both are still pups.

Just sayin, that’s not a bad 2 years of drafting for a “nerd”.

Not just that but like you said the picks he acquired set us up as well.  I liked the nerd, I think him and Dorsey together would have made a good FO.

Am I reading this right?

MC is now an eagles fan that takes shots at browns fans? Said he wouldn’t come back even if Darnold was terrible and Baker won the Super Bowl?

That would be ****ed up for me to do and I’m on the other side of the world with no birth connection to the team. If he is from cleveland/was born into the Browns... should be ashamed.

SMH

13 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Your criticisms are far better than those of Collin Cowherd and Jason McIntyre, whose only knock was that he was on his phone after the game...like Jesus Christ wtf is wrong with those guys.

I just saw that. That was pathetic. I actually tend to agree with Cowherd on a lot of his takes even if he does go heavy on analogies, but that infuriated me.

More so that other goofball McIntyre. Clearly salty because Baker deleted him. “I’m not gonna bash Baker so let’s move on” *after trashing Baker based on nothing for two minutes straight*

Joy Taylor was the only one who made any sense in that interaction.

Nothing worse than someone who doesn’t have the ability to change their opinion or admit they were wrong about something. They’re no longer arguing based primarily on logic (whether that logic was right or wrong). They’re arguing based on hard headed emotion.

8 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Not just that but like you said the picks he acquired set us up as well.  I liked the nerd, I think him and Dorsey together would have made a good FO.

Yeah it would have been nice to promote Sashi to a team president role and bring in Dorsey as the GM.

I’ll never argue Dorsey doesn’t know how to build a team, but he may need someone to keep in in check with the contracts to old vets, based on his time in KC anyway.

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it would have been nice to promote Sashi to a team president role and bring in Dorsey as the GM.

I’ll never argue Dorsey doesn’t know how to build a team, but he may need someone to keep in in check with the contracts to old vets, based on his time in KC anyway.

I’m still holding out hope that DePo is the guy structuring contracts and keeping Dorsey in check.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m still holding out hope that DePo is the guy structuring contracts and keeping Dorsey in check.

Lol right?!?

I’ll give Dorsey credit for year one though, not a single bad signing.  Obviously not all of them will work out, but none were crazy huge deals and all have quality outs if they suck.

Mitchell, Smith, Hubbard, and Hyde all look like reasonable to good signings.  Carrie is questionable, but has an out.  It’s also early.

None of the guys were old either, all second contract guys hitting their primes.

The cap space was used to fill holes in the roster, but maintains our long term flexibility. While still allowing us to roll more cap space over moving forward.  

He did really well.

Every GM has missed, but IMO the secret to a great GM is to minimize those. Here’s what I mean: 

If you sign a bust of a free agent and overpaid him, you should always or almost always be able to walk away from that in a year or two. That’s what most of these free agent deals are, and that’s why I like them and believe that’s DePo.

Drafting guys will result in occasional busts, but hopefully those guys are still average NFL starters or great at a certain role. See: Dan Wilkinson, Ted Ginn Jr, etc. I mean, the guys we were drafting before Dorsey/Sashi to an extent were so bad that they’re out of the whole freaking league before they turn 24-25.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Every GM has missed, but IMO the secret to a great GM is to minimize those. Here’s what I mean: 

If you sign a bust of a free agent and overpaid him, you should always or almost always be able to walk away from that in a year or two. That’s what most of these free agent deals are, and that’s why I like them and believe that’s DePo.

Drafting guys will result in occasional busts, but hopefully those guys are still average NFL starters or great at a certain role. See: Dan Wilkinson, Ted Ginn Jr, etc. I mean, the guys we were drafting before Dorsey/Sashi to an extent were so bad that they’re out of the whole freaking league before they turn 24-25.

Agreed.  

Looking at the picks from the last few years, something Coleman is unacceptable. Not all of those guys are going to be stars, but he should still be able to help this team, even if it’s just as a slot guy and returner.

Corbett isn’t looking great now, but if he develops into st least a viable starter in a year or two, that’s ok.

A first rounder tbh should be an average starter at a minimum unless they bust due to injuries.  If you can’t identify someone who can FOR SURE play in this league to some capacity within the first 15-25 picks, there’s a problem.  Of course the other side of that is having a plan and system in place to develop the talent, but that’s another discussion.

Archived