GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What did you do to cheddar anyway?

He didn't like that I threw out his ridiculous "Baker = Manziel" argument. He would fly off the handle and overreact at anyone that suggested that Mayfield was good. And then he said if the Browns took Baker he would never watch another game. I specifically asked him in a different thread "so if the Browns took Baker ahead of Darnold (who he wanted) and Baker was a superstar and Darnold was terrible, you'd never watch the Browns again?" And his response was "yes." 

So now I'm holding him to his word. I don't want any fairweather fans in our forum. We all have to suffer through this. You don't get to bounce during the bad times and then come slithering back like that.   Also, he left the Browns and went to the freaking Eagles forum...ya know...the Super Bowl champions. Just a really weak move all around. I think it'd be embarrassing to come back now and all of a sudden be a big Baker Mayfield guy. It's fine if you don't like a prospect that I happen to like and vice versa. But to denounce your fandom over a draft pick before they even play a snap? Embarrassing in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He didn't like that I threw out his ridiculous "Baker = Manziel" argument. He would fly off the handle and overreact at anyone that suggested that Mayfield was good. And then he said if the Browns took Baker he would never watch another game. I specifically asked him in a different thread "so if the Browns took Baker ahead of Darnold (who he wanted) and Baker was a superstar and Darnold was terrible, you'd never watch the Browns again?" And his response was "yes." 

So now I'm holding him to his word. I don't want any fairweather fans in our forum. We all have to suffer through this. You don't get to bounce during the bad times and then come slithering back like that.   Also, he left the Browns and went to the freaking Eagles forum...ya know...the Super Bowl champions. Just a really weak move all around. I think it'd be embarrassing to come back now and all of a sudden be a big Baker Mayfield guy. It's fine if you don't like a prospect that I happen to like and vice versa. But to denounce your fandom over a draft pick before they even play a snap? Embarrassing in my opinion.

I think if he admits he was a prat and that he just couldn't cope any longer you should forgive and forget.

Obviously you could choose to break his balls about it all the time but that would be a part of his penance

48 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

You're not the boss of me.

And let’s be honest, although ditch sports a seahawks player in his avi, he has been more active here than many of the other guys who are just starting to come back. I expect we see even more older posters in the next couple weeks if we string some wins together. 

I welcome everyone to our bandwagon. I’ve been waiting for the turnaround for a long time. 

50 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

You're not the boss of me.

But you never really left us, though. You just pretended to.

Or maybe you did, but then you realized the Seahawks forum is a ghost town, and it's way more fun on our forum.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

But you never really left us, though. You just pretended to.

Or maybe you did, but then you realized the Seahawks forum is a ghost town, and it's way more fun on our forum.

In my opinion there is only one way to assure you are leaving, take some parting shots. When a player does that, pretty much like Crowell's celebration (doesn't bother me but I'm over him not being a Brown) or Andre Rison when he ran his mouth etc.. When a poster does that (against other posters) it's kind of the same thing.

Ditch didn't do that so it was like he never left. He can take shots at the team, we all do but you can't attack the fanbase like MC did. I liked him but if you love the Eagles forum so much I'm glad you are there. If a player rips the city or the fans there is no turning back, we shouldn't be any different.

Disclaimer: this is different than saying dizzy is dopey or Thomas5737 is terrible.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

In my opinion there is only one way to assure you are leaving, take some parting shots. When a player does that, pretty much like Crowell's celebration (doesn't bother me but I'm over him not being a Brown) or Andre Rison when he ran his mouth etc.. When a poster does that (against other posters) it's kind of the same thing.

Ditch didn't do that so it was like he never left. He can take shots at the team, we all do but you can't attack the fanbase like MC did. I liked him but if you love the Eagles forum so much I'm glad you are there. If a player rips the city or the fans there is no turning back, we shouldn't be any different.

Disclaimer: this is different than saying dizzy is dopey or Thomas5737 is terrible.

^^^^ yeah man.

Besides, even if ditch went off, we would know he doesn’t mean it, he loves us too much. He was just incredulous Hue still had/has a job, which is a pretty reasonable stance.

Archived