GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t care who it is but it can’t be Zane. What’s done is done, and he doesn’t seem to have a mentality to recover. He’s had chances to turn the page in-game and can’t. He has the leg just not the mentality. 

Nepotism kills draft/roster decision-making. Cody Parkey was better than Zane last year. We cut Parkey, and he misses two kicks all last year and keeping things going fine this year. We knew what we had, and he was pretty good. He certainly looks better than the future baggage boy Gonzalez.

I don’t think it was nepotism but rather they didn’t want to spend 3x as much on a kicker but I think we can safely say it was a bad decision and shoulda kept parkey

Man Parkey was once where Zane is right now for those with a short memory and the same folks saying we should have kept him now wanted him gone then.

Not saying we shouldn’t cut Zane, but maybe some patience would be rewarded. I know that’s blasphemy ‘round these parts, but it doesn’t make it less true.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m predicting a win this week.

They’d better.

This team isn’t necessarily to the point we should be expecting wins vs the Steelers or perhaps even the Saints, but we sure as hell better beat a team starting a rookie QB on a short week in a nationally televised game with home field advantage.

Haley may be HC against Oakland if we lose Thursday.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man Parkey was once where Zane is right now for those with a short memory and the same folks saying we should have kept him now wanted him gone then.

Not saying we shouldn’t cut Zane, but maybe some patience would be rewarded. I know that’s blasphemy ‘round these parts, but it doesn’t make it less true.

I remember Parkey struggling a bit when he first came here, but did he ever have a game where he missed three field goals inside of 50 yards in a dome, along with two extra points?

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

zane has done this twice.  if parkey did it 2x in 18 games, he woulda been gone too

Difference with Parkey, he did that 2-3days after being signed by the team after missing the first Then went 17-19 the rest of the season. What kills Zane is he has been here going on his 2nd season and had all of training camp. Not like he was cut for being a bad kicker and that’s why the browns had their shot with him. He was cut because of injury but showed no issues of it when it was here. 

Had zero issue in drafting Zane cause he prolly was the best kicking prospect his draft class

Archived