Around the league today

theJ

Some strange things happened today that made me rethink the landscape of the AFC

• The Colts may not be as bad as i originally thought
  • The Steelers starting 0-1-1 is about as strange of a start as i can remember
    • They play the juggernaut known as the Tampa Bay Bucs next 
  • The Browns hung in there against the Saints.  They won't be a pushover this year
  • Chiefs and Bucs looking like the toughest games on the schedule at the moment

10 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Either the Browns are better or the saints just aren't.

Watching Pitt and New england lose on the same day was quite fun.  

Considering New Orleans lost at home after Tampa Bay dropped 48, I'd say the Saints are lesser. At the same time, the Browns aren't pushovers. I feel like Tyrod Taylor is holding them back; I'll be very worried when Mayfield gets the call.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Considering New Orleans lost at home after Tampa Bay dropped 48, I'd say the Saints are lesser. At the same time, the Browns aren't pushovers. I feel like Tyrod Taylor is holding them back; I'll be very worried when Mayfield gets the call.

Them losing Gordon is a blow.  He and Mayfield developing chemistry would have lead to a lot of points. 

The first couple of weeks have gone about as well as we could have reasonably expected.  I'm hoping going forward:

1. CJ Uzomah is our #1 TE.
  2. We take some deep shots to Ross.  We should take a deep shot to Ross, and then follow the play up (if it fails) with a deep shot to Green.  Imagine DBs having to keep up with Ross one play and then immediately have to run after AJ Green.
  3. More Hubbard on D.  Thankfully MJ getting injured should force this to happen.

Besides that I don't have much to complain about...

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's what the Bills thought too

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's what the Bills thought too

Bills roster suffered a lot of losses; Tyrod is just one of them.  Losing Eric Wood, Cordy Glenn, and Richie Incognito.  They were able to get past the loss of Glenn last season, but losing Wood and Incognito and replacing them we sub par talent has hurt that team massively...

Archived