Stock Up, Stock Down Weeks 1&2

ChaRisMa

8 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Do you really think Donnerson will play better at OLB than Clay Matthews?

No, but he might contribute on special teams. I think a trade for a even just slightly above average OLB would put us in the Super Bowl. Clay could still make a valuable contribution as a ILB. Right now he is not being very effective, although he did make some plays in the running game. His pass rush is just not there anymore. 

Matthews wasn't really that bad.  He forced Cousins into the pocket on a perimeter rush that turned out to be a sack by Gilbert IIRC.

He also forced the INT at the end of the game and made a hit that shouldn't have been flagged.  He's not the same player he was a few years ago but he's still a threat.

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Matthews wasn't really that bad.  He forced Cousins into the pocket on a perimeter rush that turned out to be a sack by Gilbert IIRC.

He also forced the INT at the end of the game and made a hit that shouldn't have been flagged.  He's not the same player he was a few years ago but he's still a threat.

Getting near the QB when he has the ball 2 times all game is pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Stevein2012 said:

Getting near the QB when he has the ball 2 times all game is pretty bad.

Well I can't say he only got near the QB those two times.  I'd have to rewatch it to be sure and I can't bear to put myself through that a second time.  I feel like if Matthews doesn't get a sack every game someone will complain about his play.  That's just not realistic.  

I know everyone hates him, but I have HaHa as stock up. He has made some really nice plays in the first 2 games. Yes he took a bad angle at Jordan Howard once, but he has made a couple of nice reads to make big stops on short yardage plays. One was Dion Sims last week, he got another one yesterday, but I forget who or when it was exactly.

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Well I can't say he only got near the QB those two times.  I'd have to rewatch it to be sure and I can't bear to put myself through that a second time.  I feel like if Matthews doesn't get a sack every game someone will complain about his play.  That's just not realistic.  

I mean some will complain no matter what but look at Daniels, he had no sacks but it seemed he was in cousins face and blowing up runs all day.

1 minute ago, Stevein2012 said:

I mean some will complain no matter what but look at Daniels, he had no sacks but it seemed he was in cousins face and blowing up runs all day.

And some had him as stock down.  I think people expect too much.  If that interception stood and the Packers won people would be praising Matthews for forcing the INT with his pressure.  It's early and I still expect him to have a good year.  

48 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

This.

Fackrell with the stock still negative, so no change there.  That pinball play off of Cook was embarrassing.  He has 1-2 of those per week.

Cobb is not stock up for me.  he hasn't really done anything outside of playing his position in a normal capacity and taking advantage of a poor play by Bears, but he's yet to make more than 1-2 plays per game.  Clearly a bottom tier No. 2 WR.

Bulaga is stock up for me.  Was expecting some really really tough games from him to start the season, but he's been fine.

I disagree with Fackrell being stock down.  He should be neutral.  Cook was making people miss all day.  If anyone other than Fackrell hit Cook hard enough to knock him out of the game and a gain of only 1, it would have been seen as a positive.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I disagree with Fackrell being stock down.  He should be neutral.  Cook was making people miss all day.  If anyone other than Fackrell hit Cook hard enough to knock him out of the game and a gain of only 1, it would have been seen as a positive.

he made cook look like he was made of flubber.  He has him lined up and cook already made a move.  A great player there forces a fumble a few times out of 10.  An average player stops it for a loss.

Also, i have him at neutral - still in the negative.  Started there, stayed there.

voGTFkb.gif

Would love to hear from someone that knows more than me and reviews the tape about how Wilkerson graded out yesterday. The stat sheet was minimal, but every time I watched him, he was double teamed and still got movement. Excellent screen diagnosis on two plays that I saw. I know most view him as dead man walking, but you just never know how things play out. Having a guy that gets doubled on every snap and never gets moved is still a valuable asset and maybe he won't cost a fortune. Let's face it, our track record drafting DL is abysmal.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Would love to hear from someone that knows more than me and reviews the tape about how Wilkerson graded out yesterday. The stat sheet was minimal, but every time I watched him, he was double teamed and still got movement. Excellent screen diagnosis on two plays that I saw. I know most view him as dead man walking, but you just never know how things play out. Having a guy that gets doubled on every snap and never gets moved is still a valuable asset and maybe he won't cost a fortune. Let's face it, our track record drafting DL is abysmal.

DL is stout and solid - its OLB thast has been poor to date. Teh young CB's can paly so let them play. Why House was in there to get beat is ridiculous.

6 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Clark got the sack on that one actually.

CMIII and Daniels are doing things that don't show up in the box score, but they do need to do things that DO show up in the box score; mainly CMIII who is in a contract year. There should've been a lot more sacks yesterday.

I think the ILB's have been disappointing. Not so much Martinez, but the others. Toomer got burnt on several crossing routes yesterday and Morrison seems to chase guys down rather than make the immediate stop.

Brice is definitely a stock up guy, but not a long-term starter. Jones will need to develop into that role, but I don't think it'll happen. I'm not too concerned about Safety.....yet...

Our run blocking needs to significantly improve.

They had Williams covering Diggs yesterday. I need not comment any further. House is serviceable at best right now and seems to be a bit long in the tooth.

Archived