Stock Up, Stock Down Weeks 1&2

ChaRisMa

18 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I try to keep this short, sweet, and open for debate. I try to highlight guys good or bad based on expectations. 

Stock UP:

RB Jamal Williams hasn't been pretty, hasn't been super effective, but for a 2nd year 5th round RB, he's been developing.

WR Randall Cobb is still very valuable.

WR Geronimo Allison has shut down any talk of being upended by any rookie.

DL Kenny Clark may very well be our best defender.

CB Jaire Alexander is a future Pro Bowler, possibly All-Pro.

CB Josh Jackson was pro ready, I didn't see that.

P JK Scott is gonna be here a long, long time. 

Stock DOWN:

QB Deshone Kizer just needs to start out by refusing to turn the ball over above all else. 

RG Justin McCray's first two games this year were both below average, needs to be more consistent. Neither up or down. He's going to be fine. Only second start at RG and against two very tough defenses. 

OLB Clay Mathews is on pace for 32 tackles, zero sacks, 16 fatal mistakes, and 11.2 Million dollars. And he hasn't even gotten injured yet.

CB Davon House won't be on the team next year.

S Kentrell Brice is an attacking safety, which is what people say to politely tell everyone he's a liability deep. Not a long term starter. Wrong List, stock up. One bad play which he will learn from

Anyone I missed?

Stock up:

Aaron Rodgers: Best QB in the league we all knew that. We didn't know he was still the best QB in the league even when playing on one leg. 

Mike Daniels: The dude has been disruptive in the middle. I have no idea why he's not the defensive linemen when we only leave one on the field. Whoever has him on stock down is not watching the games. 

Kevin King: I was a bit down on him after the first half of the Bears game. Guy can cover and tackle. We have 3 really talented, young CB's. 

Ty Montgomery: He played really well yesterday and is still healthy two weeks into the season. That in and of itself puts his stock on the upward arrow. 

Davante Adams: Top 5 WR in the league. He's a baller! 

Blake Martinez is way up.  He's the heart and soul of the D right now.  Best ILB since Barnett.  He hustles his *** off.  He tackles as good as anyone.  He's making plays in all phases of the game. 

The entire OL is up.  Taylor is becoming the next outstanding guard for GB.  They have exceeded any and all expectations after the first half in the first game.

Reggie Gilbert is quickly becoming our most dangerous pass rusher.  All that guy ever needed was a chance.

28 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Stock up:

Aaron Rodgers: Best QB in the league we all knew that. We didn't know he was still the best QB in the league even when playing on one leg. 

Mike Daniels: The dude has been disruptive in the middle. I have no idea why he's not the defensive linemen when we only leave one on the field. Whoever has him on stock down is not watching the games. 

Kevin King: I was a bit down on him after the first half of the Bears game. Guy can cover and tackle. We have 3 really talented, young CB's. 

Ty Montgomery: He played really well yesterday and is still healthy two weeks into the season. That in and of itself puts his stock on the upward arrow. 

Davante Adams: Top 5 WR in the league. He's a baller! 

Davante is a wash for me so far. His TDs have been classic #17 — dude has a nose for the end zone. His drops are what will always concern me. He had a chance to win the game on Sunday and couldn't hang on. Also dropped another gimme earlier in the game, and I think there was a third play where he had a good shot at it and couldn't hang on.

53 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Blake Martinez is way up.  He's the heart and soul of the D right now.  Best ILB since Barnett.  He hustles his *** off.  He tackles as good as anyone.  He's making plays in all phases of the game. 

The entire OL is up.  Taylor is becoming the next outstanding guard for GB.  They have exceeded any and all expectations after the first half in the first game.

Reggie Gilbert is quickly becoming our most dangerous pass rusher.  All that guy ever needed was a chance.

Eh, we're a long way from there. 

He's been fine. Cheap, fine, and low impact position is a trio of traits that's desirable, but we're still miles away from elite. I think we're getting too far removed from Sitton/Lang that we're not remembering what elite guard play is.

I say that even grading him on the curve that we've played some good lineman.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Clark got the sack on that one actually.

CMIII and Daniels are doing things that don't show up in the box score, but they do need to do things that DO show up in the box score; mainly CMIII who is in a contract year. There should've been a lot more sacks yesterday. I don't see Matthews being retained after this year - but that is jmo. You'll have to hope Gilbert plays well for this year and that Pettine can conjour pressure from other places, then wait for a high OLB pick in 2019 (first or second round) which is close to being a mandatory pick

I think the ILB's have been disappointing. Not so much Martinez, but the others. Toomer got burnt on several crossing routes yesterday and Morrison seems to chase guys down rather than make the immediate stop. Toomer and Morrison are bottom of the roster guys (with ILBs Ryan and Burks out), not sure how much you expect out of 4rd/5th stringers.

Brice is definitely a stock up guy, but not a long-term starter. Jones will need to develop into that role, but I don't think it'll happen. I'm not too concerned about Safety.....yet... I think  Brice might have several years in Green Bay - not a certainty, but not a definite no, either. His chances are higher if either Clinton-Dix isn't retained past this year, or if Josh Jones doesn't take the step up we expect.

Our run blocking needs to significantly improve. The emphasis with the OL was always on pass pro, which makes sense when you have AR under center. But, our RB pass pro has clearly stepped up, take what you can get.

They had Williams covering Diggs yesterday. I need not comment any further. House is serviceable at best right now and seems to be a bit long in the tooth. Diggs is very good, but once King/Alexander/Jackson are corners 1,2,3, and have a seasons experience, I'll feel a lot better about taking on the Vikes.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Eh, we're a long way from there. 

He's been fine. Cheap, fine, and low impact position is a trio of traits that's desirable, but we're still miles away from elite. I think we're getting too far removed from Sitton/Lang that we're not remembering what elite guard play is.

I say that even grading him on the curve that we've played some good lineman.

I think you're too far removed from Tony Moll and Jason Spitz.

6 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I think you're too far removed from Tony Moll and Jason Spitz.

Watch the very first play of the bears game and tell me that's elite guard play.

Then watch the second play of the bears game, the same exact play from a blocking perspective run to the opposite side.

Gute's stock is down.  My biggest fear was we'd continue being that team that sees obvious weaknesses without addressing them during the season.  

I don't know what the reason is, but I don't like it.  This team could be a Super Bowl team if we added a pass rusher.  If we were willing to give up two firsts for Mack, why aren't we willing to give up less for somebody else?  

Gotta think somebody would send their 3rd pass rusher to us for a second round pick or lower, and we definitely need one.  Especially if any of ours get hurt, God forbid.

Archived