Week 3 GDT - Green Bay (1-0-1) @ Washington (1-1)

Leader

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This game scares me. We badly need a win and while we have Wash all day on paper, I think this one is going to be real close. 

Im not sure why this game would scare you when we have faced 2 good Ds so far and have put up numbers against then. Overall I am Not afraid of their offense. Their defense is pretty stout upfront but their secondary can be had. Think we really need to get  the running game going using our full force of backs to wear down their line. Pass rush needs to come alive in this game, need to prove we can still get after it with the guys we pay a lot of money for.

33 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Im not sure why this game would scare you when we have faced 2 good Ds so far and have put up numbers against then. Overall I am Not afraid of their offense. Their defense is pretty stout upfront but their secondary can be had. Think we really need to get  the running game going using our full force of backs to wear down their line. Pass rush needs to come alive in this game, need to prove we can still get after it with the guys we pay a lot of money for.

I'm always scared of games we're supposed to win.

On paper, yeah, we should beat them pretty easily. But on the road, against a pretty good QB, with our own hobbled QB, against some pretty good O and D linemen... 

13 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Hoping Aaron Jones actually gets in the game, we could use a big play or two from the run game.

According to McCarthy Williams and Montgomery are going to carry the load. I think this is a mistake but what I think doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

According to McCarthy Williams and Montgomery are going to carry the load. I think this is a mistake but what I think doesn't matter. 

Once Jones rips off a huge run or 2 that'll be the end of that. Don't have an issue with him saying that right now he's behind those 2, simply because he's missed the first 2 games and missed a good chunk of training camp/preseason with injury

23 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Once Jones rips off a huge run or 2 that'll be the end of that. Don't have an issue with him saying that right now he's behind those 2, simply because he's missed the first 2 games and missed a good chunk of training camp/preseason with injury

I expect Jones to have minimal impact. They will keep Williams in there for pass protection.

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

It's not really a mistake IMO. Williams is their best pass protector and has stoned guys like Harrison Smith well. Monty has done that on occasion as well, as well as running for some nice gains. I do think they will use Jones more than we think though, they probably want to  give him some carries to knock the rust off and maybe if he's the hot hand he'll get the load a lot more.

17 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It's not really a mistake IMO. Williams is their best pass protector and has stoned guys like Harrison Smith well. Monty has done that on occasion as well, as well as running for some nice gains. I do think they will use Jones more than we think though, they probably want to  give him some carries to knock the rust off and maybe if he's the hot hand he'll get the load a lot more.

Give Jones reps when we're up 3 scores in the 4th to get in a groove.

8 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If that is his value just put an offensive lineman back there. The position is called RUNNING BACK. Jones is our best one by far. I get the pass pro part of it but it can't be the major factor. 

GB runs the ball at most 1/3 their offensive plays. A RBs value on pass downs is more important than his ability running the ball. Pass pro, receiving assignments, and all the other little stuff you don't see is probably more important than pure running ability.

Archived