Forced Acceleration Of Dues Payment To Process A Trade?

the lone star

Is It Fair For The Commish To Do This?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Fair For The Commish To Do This?

• Yes, That's Fine.
    • No, He Should Not Discriminate Or Break Standards/Codes Like That.

So an owner in my league made a trade for a valuable player, and I didn't like how uneven the deal was, so I voiced my concern to the Commish. The Commish told me that the deal wasn't as bad as I think because the owner that received the star player was forced to pay dues quicker than everyone else in order to get a trade processed.

This is a league with a substantial fee for dues, so we split them into 2 payments. Half before the season starts, and half again after week 8.

Do you think the Commish should be able to violate this accepted standard/code and demand owners to pay up earlier if they want their trades to go through? Is it fair?

Yeah that sounds like bribery. Dues payments and trades should be separate and unrelated issues. If it's a serious league, which it sounds like it is based on the size of dues, then there should be a set protocol or rule to follow. 

Having said that, does your league allow teams to vote against an unfair trade? That could prevent this issue in the future.

Archived