QB dilemma

BillSabre

I have to carry 2 QB’s and I’m now pretty sure Alex Smith was more a product of Andy Reid and the surrounding weapons last year than anything else. My 2nd QB is Eli and he’s gotta go.  Please rank as it’s slim pickings on the WW. 

Bortles 

Flacco

Tannehill 

Prescott 

Tyrod 

Trubisky

5 hours ago, BillSabre said:

I have to carry 2 QB’s and I’m now pretty sure Alex Smith was more a product of Andy Reid and the surrounding weapons last year than anything else. My 2nd QB is Eli and he’s gotta go.  Please rank as it’s slim pickings on the WW. 

Bortles 

Flacco

Tannehill 

Prescott 

Tyrod 

Trubisky

Bortles
Tanny
Flacco
Tyrod/Dak

Trubusky

5 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Bortles 

Flacco

Tannehill 

Prescott 

Tyrod 

Trubisky

Is this a 2 QB starter league or does your league have some screwed up rule that requires every roster to carry 2 QB's (because that's jacked and you should tell your commissioner as such)?

But per your request:

Bortles

Flacco

Tannehill

Tyrod

(Trubisky)*

Prescott

* Dependent on what we see tonight.  Game-script took away one of the primary weapons in an Andy Reid scheme offense last week.  I don't think he's going to end up anything special, but I feel like he can be the weekly streaming option that Andy Dalton was a couple years ago.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I may flip Flacco and Tannehill, but this is pretty accurate. Trubisky is a guy to monitor,  but I'm not a fan and not picking him up at this point in time. 

Maybe.  If Trubisky gets on the same page with Robinson and Burton quickly, he's got a really favorable slate of games heading into and coming out of his bye week (Arizona, Tampa, BYE, Miami, Patriots, Jets, Buffalo, Detroit).

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Maybe.  If Trubisky gets on the same page with Robinson and Burton quickly, he's got a really favorable slate of games heading into and coming out of his bye week (Arizona, Tampa, BYE, Miami, Patriots, Jets, Buffalo, Detroit).

Yeah, I just wasn't a fan of his coming out of college (I didn't think he was worth a first round pick), and I fought that fight a lot that draft year. Watching him play hasn't really done much to assuage me of my disinterest in him as a player to be honest. Definitely think it could be a promising slate, but I really just don't have any faith in him as a player. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I just wasn't a fan of his coming out of college (I didn't think he was worth a first round pick), and I fought that fight a lot that draft year. Watching him play hasn't really done much to assuage me of my disinterest in him as a player to be honest. Definitely think it could be a promising slate, but I really just don't have any faith in him as a player. 

I didn't think he was a frist round pick either; I didn't think Dalton was either as well.  But that doesn't mean he can't be a serviceable fantasy QB in the right scheme and situation.  Particularly in redraft leagues, I could give a hoot about the guy's pedigree vs whether his situation presents enough upside to merit working with.  People get too hung up on having "a top 5 guy" when someone who can consistently put up top 12 QB performances is really all you need.

Just now, The LBC said:

I didn't think he was a frist round pick either; I didn't think Dalton was either as well.  But that doesn't mean he can't be a serviceable fantasy QB in the right scheme and situation.  Particularly in redraft leagues, I could give a hoot about the guy's pedigree vs whether his situation presents enough upside to merit working with.  People get too hung up on having "a top 5 guy" when someone who can consistently put up top 12 QB performances is really all you need.

Right, but that's why I'm monitoring him right now and nothing more. He hasn't shown me that he can put up consistent top 12 performances in a streaming situation. He may get to that point, but that point isn't right now if OP needs a quarterback immediately.  Bortles is a really good streamer during home games, so that's a good chunk of games to stream.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Right, but that's why I'm monitoring him right now and nothing more. He hasn't shown me that he can put up consistent top 12 performances in a streaming situation. He may get to that point, but that point isn't right now if OP needs a quarterback immediately.  Bortles is a really good streamer during home games, so that's a good chunk of games to stream.

Engh.  This may not be what's available to him, but when I talk "streaming" I'm talking using that player for a week or two unless they put an iron grasp to make themselves undroppable (see Mahomes) and otherwise I don't sweat having them take up a roster spot.  If I've elected to stream QB's as my strategy, I don't sweat dropping even someone like Big Ben if his matchup is bad.  Basic strategy behind that: Someone is far more likely to drop another guy with a future favorable match-up for me to work with in order to roster Ben (and that guy may or may not even start Ben on the given week - and if Ben's got a bad matchup week that works to my end because it helps drag down another team).

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Engh.  This may not be what's available to him, but when I talk "streaming" I'm talking using that player for a week or two unless they put an iron grasp to make themselves undroppable (see Mahomes) and otherwise I don't sweat having them take up a roster spot.  If I've elected to stream QB's as my strategy, I don't sweat dropping even someone like Big Ben if his matchup is bad.  Basic strategy behind that: Someone is far more likely to drop another guy with a future favorable match-up for me to work with in order to roster Ben (and that guy may or may not even start Ben on the given week - and if Ben's got a bad matchup week that works to my end because it helps drag down another team).

I do that in one of my leagues as well where we don't have roster restrictions (in my main money leagues, you have to roster at least 2 quarterbacks, and most time can only have a max of three). So I agree that it may be what OP is allowed to do, because I do agree that matchups could swing my streamer options fairly easily. 

Thanks for the feedback so far fellas. Yes, my league has some strange rules about roster and there is no changing it. I can’t steam QB’s because we have a 12 move for the year limit. Every move counts so I’m looking for a guy I can pair up with Alex Smith and play matchups weekly. Tyrod actually interests me but I’m afraid he’ll be sitting sooner rather than later. Bortles can actually be good but the coach seems to reign him in when Fournette is available.  You’d think they’d figure out that he would be even more dangerous with the threat of Fournette in the backfield?!?!?! 

Archived