57 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the Vikings win by?

• 17 or more points
    • 10-16 pts
    • 4-9 pts
    • 1-3 pts
    • Another tie!
    • The Bills somehow put it back together and pull off the major upset

I think this may be good to get a huge let down (and our annual home loss) out of the way, to a bad team, early. Remember, we lost a game to the Lions at home that was very fluky last year early on, and still won 13 games. The schedule this year is much tougher, but I'm not hitting panic. Yet.

8 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I think this may be good to get a huge let down (and our annual home loss) out of the way, to a bad team, early. Remember, we lost a game to the Lions at home that was very fluky last year early on, and still won 13 games. The schedule this year is much tougher, but I'm not hitting panic. Yet.

The defense doesn't appear to be nearly as dominant as it was last year and we can't run the ball. These are two major concerns that the Vikes must overcome, it's how this team was built to win. 

Cousins had got to have better ball security and the team needs to cut down on stupid penalties.

1-3-1 is looking very possible through 5 games.

I just watched the game for the first time. Obviously a big disappointment. Since I played in a poker tournament today I thought it appropriate to think about variance in football. Sometimes in poker the 2/10 or the 1/10 or the 50/50 goes against you for what seems like forever. That’s what it was like watching the game. Literally everything that could bounce one way or another went against us. That happens. It’s variance.

Sure, there’s a healthy amount of blame to place on various people. Reiff looked dreadful against the speed rush. But why didn’t we think that was a possibility and scheme against it or at the very least adjust when it became obvious?

I don’t know what’s wrong with Barr. He looked really really bad. Even confused at times on some of the replays. 

I’ve read a few comments saying Xavier Rhodes had a bad game. I didn’t see anything glaringly bad. 

Diggs makes that long catch 8-9 out of 10. Variance. 

Stephen Weatherly played a great game. Saw him make some solid plays in the run game and in rushing the passer. That’s encouraging. 

We didn’t miss any kicks :)

Cousins obviously looked off but I really hated the play calling and it’s hard to assess when both the interior and edges of the line were getting blown up. 

Would like to scheme Ham open in space more. Dude is impossible to take down. 

Definitely questioning Priefer after the kicker debacle and today’s return game being miserable. 

Bottom line. Plenty of things to fix. Can’t have the mental errors we had today. We are still a talented bunch and I think we’ll figure things out.

P.S. Elflein come back soon. Kick Jones to RG and permanently install O’Neill. I think it solves a lot. 

Team's week to week psyche and scheme seem to make more difference in todays game then ever before? Eagles game last year; Vikes came off a crazy high, Eagles were in the dogs/us against the world mode and then we got out schemed on top of it all. Yesterday, the team sits two gamechangers like Cook and Everson which probably sets the "cupcake" tone early in the week. Couple that with a good game plan and mental errors...you get punched in the mouth again. The good news (if you want to call it that) is you really see that across the entire NFL. Not many teams are rattling off a handful of impressive weeks anymore. 

3 hours ago, Scottish_Viking said:

I just hope the team shows the same heart they did last year. With the first half of the schedule being brutal there is every chance of coming from a way back to clinch the division. If you are going to drop a clanger better against an AFC team

Well, that's just it.

The Vikings showed absolutely nothing in the way of heart and desire in this game, just like they showed no heart and desire in the NFC Championship game against the Eagles.

In both games it was a case where a few things went wrong in the 1st Quarter and the team just quit.

4 hours ago, Scottish_Viking said:

With the first half of the schedule being brutal there is every chance of coming from a way back to clinch the division.

I think we're going to learn a lot about this team in the next 2 games which are arguably the 2 toughest games we have left on the schedule.

From Courtney Cronin...

"Kyle Rudolph points out the commonalities Vikings have encountered in stunning losses, noting the outcomes against the Colts in 2016 and vs. Philly in the NFC championship: "Unfortunately, you go back and look at the last three years of football that we played. We've done this once a year. Go back a couple of Decembers ago, we had a chance of making the playoffs. Then the Indianapolis Colts come in here and kick our butts. Last year in the NFC Championship game, everyone knows what happened. One thing for us is that it happened in September. We're going to learn from it, this could be the best thing for us. We have a really young and talented team, but we can't just roll the ball out there and expect to win. I think a lot of people were underestimating the Buffalo Bills this week."

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The defense doesn't appear to be nearly as dominant as it was last year and we can't run the ball. These are two major concerns that the Vikes must overcome, it's how this team was built to win. 

Cousins had got to have better ball security and the team needs to cut down on stupid penalties.

1-3-1 is looking very possible through 5 games.

16 Points against the 49ers and 29 against the angriest and sharpest Aaron Rodgers I've ever seen isn't bad. It is not as dominant as they played last season, but that was quite literally unsustainable.

The Bills were embarrassed in the first two weeks worse than they embarrassed us. Then they had to listen all week about how bad they were, how soft they were, and how badly they were going to get beat. 

They came in with a level of physicality that the Vikings weren’t prepared for, or that any one predicted. Win or lose, the Bills came in with the goal of punching the Vikings in the mouth, and unfortunately for the Vikings they didn’t have a plan after getting hit. 

31 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

16 Points against the 49ers and 29 against the angriest and sharpest Aaron Rodgers I've ever seen isn't bad. It is not as dominant as they played last season, but that was quite literally unsustainable.

Exactly right. The defense isn't sustainable to last year's level, even if the same players return. The defense very well peaked last year, that doesn't mean they still can't be a top 3 unit. We just didn't capitalize with a super bowl win, now we need the Qb to pick up the slack. Cousins was paid to help carry the team, so far the results have been mixed.

Archived