57 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the Vikings win by?

• 17 or more points
    • 10-16 pts
    • 4-9 pts
    • 1-3 pts
    • Another tie!
    • The Bills somehow put it back together and pull off the major upset

This team has a serious problem with taking things seriously and it falls on coaching, not just personnel. I'm also tired of pretending like Zimmer is some great coach. 

Getting blown out by the Bills at home with no major injuries sans Griffen is inexcusable. There's only 16 games in a season and you have a full week to prepare. No team should come out like that. Teams in the MLB, NHL, and NBA who have 3 games in 4-5 days don't play as pathetic and uninspired as that. 

Really lost faith in this team after that loss. If we can lose to the Bills at home in such poor fashion, than why should I really believe in this team in a playoff game? There's just too much volatility with this team and it's been getting worse since late last season. 

20 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

This team has a serious problem with taking things seriously and it falls on coaching, not just personnel. I'm also tired of pretending like Zimmer is some great coach. 

Getting blown out by the Bills at home with no major injuries sans Griffen is inexcusable. There's only 16 games in a season and you have a full week to prepare. No team should come out like that. Teams in the MLB, NHL, and NBA who have 3 games in 4-5 days don't play as pathetic and uninspired as that. 

Really lost faith in this team after that loss. If we can lose to the Bills at home in such poor fashion, than why should I really believe in this team in a playoff game? There's just too much volatility with this team and it's been getting worse since late last season. 

While I think the Vikings tend to have a fragile mentality in big spots, it's not necessarily something that is Zimmer's fault, nor something he can really fix on his own.  It's been evident in this franchise for decades, and the players that have comprised the roster aren't the same.  Possibly, it's our own fault as fans, as we expect them to take care of business all the time and don't give enough credit to the other team for being actually being a NFL team.  

And you certainly haven't watched enough games in those other sports to suggest that they don't play that pathetic or uninspired, because if they actually were inspired every night, the Warriors would be 82-0 (or 80-2 at least, because they'd split with the Rockets) because they have that much more talent than everyone else.  

This is 2010 all over again.

Horrible heartbreaking loss in the NFC Championship game the previous year.  Big expectations this year.

It started with Sparano's death.  Treadwell / Carlson debacle in Lambeau.  Historic upset by the Bills.  Thursday night the Vikings will be leading most of the game when Cousins will go down with a season ending injury (it will be two more years before he becomes effective again) and the Rams win as time runs out.

Eventually, the Vikings will have to win out on the last 7 games of the season to make the playoffs as a wild card.  They win 6.  Then lose the final game to the NFC North 2018 division champions, the Chicago Bears (who get blown out in the wild card game the following week).

As GM of the Vikings, you could field 22 HOF'ers in their prime against the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers and still lose.  There is no overcoming the curse of the whiskey bottle.

So far - Pats, Jets, and Bills have the same record.  Vikes, Pack, and Browns have the same record.  The Lions are one game out of first place.  Sure it's only three games. Isn't that what we said when they started 1-2 in 2010?

2010 all over again.

After Cousins executes a clutch drive to tie the Packers...

"This is why you go out and get Cousins for 30 million a year!"

After Cousins has an erratic impotent games against the Bills...

"This why you don't go out and get Cousins for 30 million a year!"

Upside down, inside out week...

Diggs - 10 targets, 4 catches, 17 yards

Treadwell - 4 targets, 4 catches, 33 yards

Cousins 2nd in NFL for yards passing through 3 games.  On pace for 5100+ yards.

Peterson inched closer to Dorsett for all time rushing.  Needs 227 to catch him.  Still 747 behind Dickerson.  Could move up to #8 by the end of the season if he stays healthy.  

Who was the vocal leader on D Sunday with Everson gone? Is Cousins a good leader? I could see the team thinking he is a bit of a square to be honest. Sunday required a leader to stop the bleeding and to rally the troops, instead everyone just took a big dump in their pants. 

27 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Also. We are 1-1-1. R-E-L-A-X. A lot of football left.

I can't see any of the teams running away with the division either.

Green Bays defense may not be playoff caliber and relying on a hobbled Rodgers might cost them some games early on.

Chicago has the defense to compete with anyone and can run the ball, but Trubisky will undoubtedly struggle.

And Detroit. I don't know what to think right now.

In the end, I could see all four teams within a game or two of each other. 

One play call that really bothers me looking back on yesterdays game was on the 4th and 1 from the Bills 26. Why not try run it there? Reiff was getting hosed over and over again. There was no threat of a run and the DE's were just teeing off forcing a quick little out to Ham that wouldn't have converted anyway. I get that you are down by 27 but in short yardage situations like that, why not try and give the offensive line a chance to attack the defensive line instead of the other way around 

So I went to this game and the Minn Wild preseason game also. Almost saw 2 shutouts. The Wild won 7-0. Who would have known the Wild would have scored more points then the Vikings. I really don't think I'll every go to another Vikings game after watching this disaster and the amount of money paid for tickets. Big disappointment and waste of money..  

2 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Seems like we have 0 running creativity as well. Rarely run and when we do its obvious. What happened to these RPO designs, misdirection jet sweeps, etc? Crap game plan with a crap effort.  

Honestly, I believe the offensive line is so bad that it really limits the possible creativity. Jet sweeps are disasters when defensive ends are blowing around the offensive tackles. I am glad those were not called. Your point isn't completely invalid though. There is more, and I mean quite a bit more, the team could be doing to get the run game going.

It looked like they were trying to pass to set up the run. That is a fine approach but it failed because they couldn't get the passing game going until it was too late. Kirk Cousins played the worst game we've seen a Vikings QB play since Sam Bradford was QB. I am still happy to have Kirk over Sam as Bradford has never been an above average QB. I at least believe that Cousins can be above average and more often than now I think that he will play that way. He'll struggle against teams with a strong pass rush but anyone that didn't see that coming was having their vision colored with their purple shades. Case Keenum was better at handling the dirty pockets but we all know that he had his own set of limitations. It is hard to know which set of limitations is easier to work with but for now Cousins is the QB we have. The team needs to figure out how to make it work with him.

Archived