57 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the Vikings win by?

• 17 or more points
    • 10-16 pts
    • 4-9 pts
    • 1-3 pts
    • Another tie!
    • The Bills somehow put it back together and pull off the major upset

We gave up 351 yards and 29 points to Green Bay. That's comparable to what the Vikings allowed to the Packers at Lambeau in 2016 (348 yards and 38 points) the last time we played a full game against Rodgers, when Minnesota ranked third in yards and sixth in points allowed. 

39 minutes ago, swede700 said:

FootballOutsiders has the Vikings as having the 6th ranked offense and 7th ranked defense through 2 weeks.  

If you go with that nonsensical yds per game stat, the defense is middle of the pack.  

MN should get a nice boost after playing Buffalo but then they face Goff and Wentz the next few weeks.

Any PPG stats for the defense at this point should be adjusted for the blocked punt TD allowed and the extra time played in overtime. 

Of the 45 points allowed by the Vikings so far, the defense itself has allowed 38 points in 2.167 games (16 + 22). That's 17.5 PPG (PP60 technically), equivalent to 35 points over 2 60 minute games. 

Teams allowing 38 points or less: 

1. LAR 13
  2. WAS 27
  3. DAL 29
  4. JAX 35
  5. NYJ, BAL 37

Zimmer said the Vikings defense will need to be aware of Allen’s dual-threat ability.

“Big arm … really athletic with moving in the pocket and scrambling,” Zimmer said. “I think he looks to throw when he’s scrambling.

“They have a lot of misdirection things, similar to San Francisco,” Zimmer added. “He can keep the ball on the option stuff.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/presser-points-zimmer-praises-vikings-front-office-for-recent-moves

20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Depends on how much of a lead we build up. While nothing special, Buffalo's offense might be a bit better with Josh Allen having a game under his belt. 

Also, the last time we played Buffalo, I was there. I got to see Teddy Bridgewater throw his first NFL Touchdown pass, and then watch the Bills manage to beat us...with Kyle Orton at QB. 

haha no way i was at that game too (only vikes game i've been to). i can still remember how crazy the crowd went when they converted that 4th and 20 and then how they went even crazier when they scored that last second TD. 

32 minutes ago, whitehops said:

haha no way i was at that game too (only vikes game i've been to). i can still remember how crazy the crowd went when they converted that 4th and 20 and then how they went even crazier when they scored that last second TD. 

Thanks Greenway!!

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

Way to put on a face for the people Zim... as he goes back into his office an licks his lips that he gets to play Josh Allen and the Bills inept offense.

While I obviously want the Vikings to win, I'm hoping Josh proves at least some of you haters wrong.

I know that probably won't happen though, even if he threw for 500 yards and 7 TDs. You guys will never admit there's a chance he might actually be decent.

17 minutes ago, Klomp said:

While I obviously want the Vikings to win, I'm hoping Josh proves at least some of you haters wrong.

I know that probably won't happen though, even if he threw for 500 yards and 7 TDs. You guys will never admit there's a chance he might actually be decent.

I'll be happy to give the kid his due... when i see something from him that's worth it.  Right now, through college, through the draft process, and through his pre-season work I haven't seen anything. I don't like him as an NFL quarterback, but will be happy to eat crow if I'm proven wrong on that.

Just now, RpMc said:

Right now, through college, through the draft process, and through his pre-season work I haven't seen anything.

And that shows me calling you (and others in the same crowd) a hater.

The fact that people can't admit he has rare physical tools with his size, athleticism and arm talent is mind-boggling. Haven't see anything? Come on....

BTW I'm just disappointed I probably won't be online during the game. Will be at the parents' house. I don't usually like explaining the whole message board thing, so I'll probably be offline.

As for the game, it's probably going to be brutal as a whole for him. I do think he'll give them some splash plays though.

Archived