Seahawks @ Bears, 9/17/18, 7:15 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

9 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

This has trap game written all over it. Run run run the ball. Get Mack rolling. 

I'm not sure how this can be considered a trap game. If anything, next week will be a trap game. It'll be easy to see the 4.5 point spread and the fact that the Cardinals suck, but it'll be a cross country trip on a short week against a desperate team.

Let's focus on week 2, though.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Its a trap game if you are projected as an "easy win" and have general overconfidence on the win as a fan base. 

Trap games arent about fans.  It's about the team overlooking the opponent bc of a perceived easiness of the game and typically its sandwiched between 2 tougher games.  I dont think this qualifies as a trap game.  

Things I am hoping for tonight...

1.  Nagy to call plays to help build confidence in Trubisky. From what I saw he isn't comfortable enough to take the team on his back and carry it.  He looked like nerves got to him in the 4th and I think that's because he lost his swagger with some of the play calling in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

2. Mitch to relax a little. Take a deep breath before each play and have fun. Him being stressed out led to those bad throws and it was all between the ears.

3. Howard and Cohen to have big games. The Seahawks are without 2 linebackers and these guys need to take advantage to take some pressure off Mitch.

4. Our cbs to not give big cushions. Rodgers picked us apart last week by taking what we gave him. On almost every play I knew who was getting the ball before the snap. The best way to stop a great pass rush is to get the ball out before they can get through. 

5. Roquan Smith.  I am excited we drafted him and want to see him more. He is going to be a beast.

Go bears!

Archived