Ground Hog Day (let the mocks begin)

diehardlionfan

before this gets out of hand with firing everyone trading Stafford, letting ziggy walk(should have traded in offseason but) if we won in San Fran does this even get brought up? there was no excuse against the jets on mnf. we should be 1-1 with a roster that does look weak compared to some of the *top-tier* nfc teams.  where is A'Shawn Robinson at, he was good last yr, he needs to be playing imo, also the 2017 nfl draft I wanted Tj watt with a trade down not Davis. Hopefully Davis can turn into something but I think at best he becomes Ernie Sims III verison 2.0.

bottom line is we should be drafting better.  all teams say that but we should be better. hopefully going forward we can fix that.

13 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

before this gets out of hand with firing everyone trading Stafford, letting ziggy walk(should have traded in offseason but) if we won in San Fran does this even get brought up? there was no excuse against the jets on mnf. we should be 1-1 with a roster that does look weak compared to some of the *top-tier* nfc teams.  where is A'Shawn Robinson at, he was good last yr, he needs to be playing imo, also the 2017 nfl draft I wanted Tj watt with a trade down not Davis. Hopefully Davis can turn into something but I think at best he becomes Ernie Sims III verison 2.0.

bottom line is we should be drafting better.  all teams say that but we should be better. hopefully going forward we can fix that.

Yes, they should be drafting better but that’s part of the issue.

Hypotheticals are great but the reality is they did lose to SF. 

Winning matters, drafting well matters, it all matters. But those are all areas where the Lions have failed historically.

Opinions will vary but I’m tired of lame excuses. I’ve been hearing them for decades.

47 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Quinn is at fault for the drafting. He has yet to draft a star, and many of his picks are either off of the team or not making significant contributions. You can't afford to screw up the draft when you have the conservative free agency mindset that Quinn has. 

I keep saying it and I'm going to continue to throw it out there, but we are trying to be the Patriots without having Brady or Bill. That isn't going to work. Stafford is good but he isn't an all-time great, and we don't seem to have the coach or GM either. 

I totally with everyone is saying, we have to start winning games and drafting better... I remember the days of finding   a DeAndre Levy in the 3rd round, theo, Riddick in 6th, Tahir Whitehead in the 5th, Willie Young in the 7th, Cliff Avril in the 3rd.. I want us to get back to finding the hidden gems. last yrs draft I thought if we didn't get Watt the 2nd &3rd talent was almost as good. just imagine if we traded out of rd 1 and got a JuJu & Kamara/ Hunt our team would look a little different :D.  I think we have to be a little more patient the head coach/gm have a plan its not going happen over night. Quinn has been here longer he should have set it in motion.

4 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I totally with everyone is saying, we have to start winning games and drafting better... I remember the days of finding   a DeAndre Levy in the 3rd round, theo, Riddick in 6th, Tahir Whitehead in the 5th, Willie Young in the 7th, Cliff Avril in the 3rd.. I want us to get back to finding the hidden gems. last yrs draft I thought if we didn't get Watt the 2nd &3rd talent was almost as good. just imagine if we traded out of rd 1 and got a JuJu & Kamara/ Hunt our team would look a little different :D.  I think we have to be a little more patient the head coach/gm have a plan its not going happen over night. Quinn has been here longer he should have set it in motion.

I understand.

Had Quinn not fired Caldwell and made the statements referencing his reasons I might be more inclined towards patience.

Archived