Wideouts: Panic or Perseverance - What to do? [Update: Jordan Matthews Returns]

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dez isn't good anymore

You don't know that.  First of all, he's only 29 years old.  Hardly an age where I'd expect a decline. Secondly, he played with a crappy QB in Dak.  I mean Dez made his name in being a 50/50, go-up-and-get-it possession-type receiver and he "declined" coincidentally with a QB that is as timid as they come.

We don't need Dez as a long-term solution necessarily nor as #1 wideout, but like Nabbs said it doesn't hurt to kick the tires on him.  He wouldn't be the first diva WR-type to quit due to lack of motivation or happiness.  We took a flyer on TO on no one regrets that.  We only regret we didn't keep him around longer.  Imagine Dez and Alshon on the outside with Nelson roaming in the slot...Then you got Ertz and Goedert on top of that.  That would be a lot of talent to account for.   

We need someone, do they need to be a huge splash? Not necessarily.

If we roll out something like

Maclin, Agholor, Alshon, FILLERS that's fine to be honest.

Missing Alshon hurts a lot right now, but we only really need someone to take Mike Wallace's spot.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

We need someone, do they need to be a huge splash? Not necessarily.

If we roll out something like

Maclin, Agholor, Alshon, FILLERS that's fine to be honest.

Missing Alshon hurts a lot right now, but we only really need someone to take Mike Wallace's spot.

If you knew exactly when he was returning i would agree, but if we gotta go another 3-4 games then no. if its only this week then yes. 

24 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Theyre saying NE is the closest to a deal for Gordon. Thats what we don't want. Also if NE is okay with going after him why aren't the eagles. **** I'd be ok going up to a conditional 4th, guaranteed 5th. 

Devante Parker Id be willing to go max 3rd only cuz we have 2 2nds. 

Ain't a chance in hell I'm giving up anything more then a conditional 7th for Parker, dude can not stay on the field.

I think our realistic options are Britt, Perriman, Wheaton, Maclin and Miller. 

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Patriots trading conditional 5th for Gordon according to Will Cain show

And the eagles weren't willing to do that, thats pathetic. 

20 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Ain't a chance in hell I'm giving up anything more then a conditional 7th for Parker, dude can not stay on the field.

I think our realistic options are Britt, Perriman, Wheaton, Maclin and Miller. 

Parker is easily worth a 4th, a 3rd if we get a pick back. He's easily better then any of the 5 you listed. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Eagles Screwed the Pooch on this one, a 5th wouldve easily been worth it, **** you could've probably offered a guaranteed 6th and beat out the conditional 5th bull****. 

Calm down,  we'll use that 5th on a backup quality LG to replace isaac or possibly another Mack Hollins level #4 wr.

Archived