Can Bailey Bail Us Out?

SemperFeist

9 hours ago, Robb_K said:

Was Bailey checked out by team doctors Monday?  And did he do some kicking?  Or will he arrive Tuesday?  In any case, Even if he starts practicsing Wednesday, he should have enough work together with his snapper and holder to kick for The Vikings next Sunday.

Vs Buffalo, he should have 5 FGs attempts. 3 in the 2nd half

Conspiracy theory me was thinking that they didn't get Bailey in yesterday for a physical to give them time to see if anyone would trade a conditional 7th round pick for Treadwell... My guess would be Coley or Zylstra get waived and they attempt to put them on the PS.

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ummm no.

Name me another team in the NFL that has had this many issues with kickers missing extra points or short field goals in key situations over the past what 3-4 years.  There is something to be said about just simply bad coaching and mentally making your player even more mentally fragile based on your own actions and coaching of that player, that falls on the special teams coach I would say. Oh no they are just mentally weak from the get go?  I do not think so, Blair Walsh was a pro bowl kicker at points in his career, then that changed the longer he was on the Vikings and lost it after he missed that key kick in the Playoffs then followed that with missing extra points and short field goals the next year.  To say that is not a pattern is simply wrong I feel. 

Tampa Bay automatically popped in my head when you asked that question.  They are example #1A of kicker issues.  

16 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Conspiracy theory me was thinking that they didn't get Bailey in yesterday for a physical to give them time to see if anyone would trade a conditional 7th round pick for Treadwell... My guess would be Coley or Zylstra get waived and they attempt to put them on the PS.

Im thinking Roc Thomas if Treadwell can't be traded. 

53 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Not going to panic, but interesting that nothing's been announced yet. I wonder how long they'd draw this thing out?

It's been speculated that they may have to restructure some other veterans' contracts in order to fit both Bailey and Thunderbucket in.  

Archived