Vikings waive Carlson, expected to sign Dan Bailey

RamRod

2 hours ago, Boknows34 said:

If Crosby had kicked that potential game winner for the Packers at the end of regulation, Carlson would still have a job. Funny how things can transpire. 

You guys should cut Crosby for that missed kick. Also Zimmer recomends trading Rodgers.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Easy transition or not, every player has the occasional bad game. Especially so for rookies. He certainly wasn't bad in college and won the job versus Forbath handily, so this game seems to be more the exception than the rule for him.

If you count the 3rd preseason game where he went 0-2 as the sole starting kicker, he's 3 for his last 8 in field goals.

I wonder if it's a trend where he misses 1 attempt, his confidence is shot for the rest of the game?

3 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Part of me honestly feels bad for Carlson. I know kickers shouldn't really need time to adjust to the NFL, but to be cut after 2 games? Ouch. Oh well.

As a human being, how do you not feel bad for the guy? The close up of his face after he missed that third quick and screamed the f word, like he knew that was probably his job, it makes you feel for him. As a football fan, it's pretty much kick rocks. After you miss your 3rd kick of the game and the last of which was a chip shot, it's time to move on. I was absolutely flabbergasted that he missed that last kick. 

5 hours ago, Boknows34 said:

If Crosby had kicked that potential game winner for the Packers at the end of regulation, Carlson would still have a job. Funny how things can transpire. 

It's almost a blessing in disguise to get it done with early. Still would have liked to see Carlson have success though

Archived