Tyrod Taylor - Thus far a disappointment

CBrownsman

Who Was Tyrod actually throwing to?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Tyrod actually throwing to?

• Antonio Callaway
    • Jarvis Landry
    • The End-Zone hoping someone would catch it...

53 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

This isn't a conversation if somebody who you don't want benched makes that throw.  If Baker did that we'd have to change our pants. 

I don't want Tyrod benched...I want him to play all season...

I can both dislike the decision that was made, either by the QB or the offensive coordinator (Landry and Callaway were both running go routes) but still want them both to succeed and hope they remain in their positions...

36 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i was pretty dissappointed in the interception he threw on sun, his accuracy has been pretty bad and he's pretty conservative.  i can deal with the conservative if he at least has a better than 1 td/int ratio.  

we can win thursday.  he needs to be good in the win, imo.

I certainly hope he is.  The last thing I want is for Baker to be thrown in because Hue panics and fears he will lose his job if something doesn't change.

16 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Oh yeah! Right over by Seneca falls.  Every time fall come around I think back very fondly on that area.  Rolling hills with the changing leaves and lakes.  Great place to go visit!

Yup, beautiful area in he fall and also just recently overtook California as the #1 wine region in the world 

We've had the gameplay to win with Tyrod the last 2 games, we just haven't had the kicker. He hasn't been great, and if this team's trajectory continues it will probably make sense to get Mayfield some work at some point, but Taylor himself is pretty much exactly who I thought he'd be.

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Tyrod is slightly worse so far than i expected. Still way better than Kizer. Definitely better than Kessler lol. WTF

What makes you believe so strongly in Taylor that you add an lol to your assessment of him over Kessler?

Not hot take of the day: Tyrod Taylor will never consistently start for any NFL team again after this year.

8 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I don't want Tyrod benched...I want him to play all season...

I can both dislike the decision that was made, either by the QB or the offensive coordinator (Landry and Callaway were both running go routes) but still want them both to succeed and hope they remain in their positions...

If Tyrod can drop dimes like that I wouldn't only advocate doing that on 4th and 5, I'd advocate doing that more all the time.  It's hard for us execute short pass play after short pass play to convert 1st downs.  I'd give the chances the Browns tie the game about 1/10 if he completes a 5-10 yard pass there.

I'd take Brian Hoyer over Kessler.  You gotta be willing to take shots down the field.

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

If Tyrod can drop dimes like that I wouldn't only advocate doing that on 4th and 5, I'd advocate doing that more all the time.  It's hard for us execute short pass play after short pass play to convert 1st downs.  I'd give the chances the Browns tie the game about 1/10 if he completes a 5-10 yard pass there.

I'd take Brian Hoyer over Kessler.  You gotta be willing to take shots down the field.

I completely agree that if Tyrod shows he can do that consistently we should do it MUCH more often.  I honestly believe that we should be throwing deep passes much more often.  It would open up the running game and it would make people respect Tyrod's arm.  Also Ndjoku, Callaway, and Duke are the guys we should be throwing deep to, so far I have only seen it done to Higgins and Landry which is concerning.   It is hard to execute short pass play after short pass play all game long and I think we should take more shots.  That being said I don't think 4th and 5 if we don't complete the pass the game is over is the only time during the game we should do that, that's all.

Its very hard to say if they had a 1/10th chance to win the game if he completed a 5-10 yard pass there, no one knows what would have happened.  That being said we completed a bomb, scored a touchdown, but we left too much time on the clock, and we still lost.  Would we have been able to score if we completed a 5 yard pass? I don't know.  Would we have been able to complete a 5 yard pass? I don't know.  I'm not arguing any of that.  I'm just saying, statistically speaking, when its 4th and 5 its not a good Idea to throw a low percentage pass for 47 with the game on the line and a QB who hasn't shown the ability to make that throw.  Especially when that same QB has shown his wheelhouse is the ability to make a high percentage pass for 5 yards or scramble for 5 yards.  Its really hard for people to agree with me because it worked and I understand that, but just because something worked didn't make it a good idea in the first place.

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

What makes you believe so strongly in Taylor that you add an lol to your assessment of him over Kessler?

Not hot take of the day: Tyrod Taylor will never consistently start for any NFL team again after this year.

Kessler’s noodle arm ruined him. He had generally nice decision making and accuracy, but those were a touch overhyped imo. But really it is the sheer lack of arm that limits him from doing anything.

As for Tyrod. Early days but 53% 2TD, 2INT and a distinct feeling of being conservative in the killer moments (bar the Callaway deep shot). He has really underwhelmed me.

He was heralded as the perfect game manager who won’t lose us games but if I’m honest, I lean towards the belief that he shares a good deal of the blame for us not having a win yet. Mainly the Kicker of course but we don’t have a #1 overall pick Kicker waiting on the bench.

I find it hard to believe Baker couldn’t produce what Tyrod has and then some more. Even at this early stage.

Archived