Cravens was going to play S last year & having surgery today

turtle28

Craig Hoffman just said on 106.7 The Fan that Cravens was practicing to play safeties at the end of last year. He also said that if Cravens had been healthy he would have been playing safety at the end of the season and if the Redskins had made the playoffs Cravens definitely would have been playing safety in the playoffs.

its also been reported that Cravens is having minor knee surgery but is still expected to be ready for week 1.

too bad. kid has a nose for the ball. he was a big question mark at safety anyway with questionable speed and coverage ability. Turtle how do you like a starting combo of Swearinger at SS and D hall at Free to begin the season? It may happen. I like Swearinger A Lot more at SS as be bites on play action all the time and cant cover deep zones. But D Hall? isnt he 80 now?

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

too bad. kid has a nose for the ball. he was a big question mark at safety anyway with questionable speed and coverage ability. Turtle how do you like a starting combo of Swearinger at SS and D hall at Free to begin the season? It may happen. I like Swearinger A Lot more at SS as be bites on play action all the time and cant cover deep zones. But D Hall? isnt he 80 now?

I don't think we can rely on Hall to be a starter and I think Swearinger will do fine in his role. 

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Fish Smithson in the mix . !! :ph34r:
i expect Craven and Doctson on I R by the bye week .

Of course you'd say that. I have to questions sometimes if you even like the team because you predict players will be bad constantly or get injured. 

Its like why? Why are you so pensimistic about everything Redskins? Why? Ughh

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Of course you'd say that. I have to questions sometimes if you even like the team because you predict players will be bad constantly or get injured. 

Its like why? Why are you so pensimistic about everything Redskins? Why? Ughh

Uuuuhhh, a trend ? Wasn't Cravens hurt twice last year..One being a concussion..Already hurt and has an operation this year.. Doctson basically missed the entire year with the heels and now has a hammy-out again.  I'm just not counting on anything from these guys. Nobody's fault.. they just get hurt. 

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Uuuuhhh, a trend ? Wasn't Cravens hurt twice last year..One being a concussion..Already hurt and has an operation this year.. Doctson basically missed the entire year with the heels and now has a hammy-out again.  I'm just not counting on anything from these guys. Nobody's fault.. they just get hurt. 

It's football, injuries happen. That doesn't mean they won't be able to play ever. You're taking a few injuries and stamping them as busts and injury prone before their careers really even get started.

I'll never understand this type of opinion and why you wouldn't want to believe and hope on them getting healthy and turning into the players Scot thought they'd be when he drafted them.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That does not make senses at all. Pessimism & optimism are the exact opposite.

It doesn't or does it when it comes to being a Redskins fan. Neo- choose the Red pill and see the situation for what it is, not what Danny says it is. 

On 8/15/2017 at 3:01 PM, mar29020 said:

this dude is made out of glass

He's still expected to make the first week of the season.

On 8/15/2017 at 3:20 PM, Doc Draper said:

too bad. kid has a nose for the ball. he was a big question mark at safety anyway with questionable speed and coverage ability.

If we were expecting him as centerfield safety, then yeah would be misuse of his talent. As a hybrid S/LB covering the close to mid range, I think he would be very useful.

On 8/15/2017 at 3:20 PM, Doc Draper said:

how do you like a starting combo of Swearinger at SS and D hall at Free to begin the season? It may happen. I like Swearinger A Lot more at SS as be bites on play action all the time and cant cover deep zones. But D Hall? isnt he 80 now?

I think I can summarize this in one word: "ugh."

I'm with @RSkinGM: go with Fish Smithson.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

He's still expected to make the first week of the season.

If we were expecting him as centerfield safety, then yeah would be misuse of his talent. As a hybrid S/LB covering the close to mid range, I think he would be very useful.

I think I can summarize this in one word: "ugh."

I'm with @RSkinGM: go with Fish Smithson.

Nicholson looked pretty good and showed off some good instincts on Saturday night for a guy who hadn't practiced much all year.

I agree with your points about Sua

Archived