Are the Steelers done?

El Ramster

14 hours ago, Starless said:

Did they actually do the smart thing and move Dupree inside yet?

Why would they move a dude that can't handle playing in a phone booth...into a phone booth? Guards would destroy him. He's a bad pass rusher and nothing more. He wasn't even a good college player. They gambled on some underwear olympic linebackers before and had it pay off (Timmons), but this one smelled like doo doo from a mile away.

Thank God the Steelers got rid of the main problem on their team--that darn Todd Haley!

The Steelers will sadly be fine. They haven't played HORRIBLE the first two games and they've historically gotten off to slow starts. I mean, the Browns should have beaten them in week 1 last year if it weren't for a blocked punt returned for a TD. Are they a legitimate title contender? Not in the least. But they're far from being hapless. They'll eek their way into the playoffs and see a 1st round exit.

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Steelers will sadly be fine. They haven't played HORRIBLE the first two games and they've historically gotten off to slow starts. I mean, the Browns should have beaten them in week 1 last year if it weren't for a blocked punt returned for a TD. Are they a legitimate title contender? Not in the least. But they're far from being hapless. They'll eek their way into the playoffs and see a 1st round exit.

Agree with most of this.

I hinted at it in the Steelers forum, but years of drafting low in rounds, now add in more teams looking for the same exact players, and handsomely paying all our drafted players is catching up to us.  We aren't able to get talent like we used to, we don't have the cap to supplement the team like we used to, and our depth blows.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think the better question is: 

Is Tomlin done after this season? Fans are going to be calling for his head all year.

People called for Cowher to be fired all the time too....it just wasnt as pronounced because of the lack of social media back then.

Steelers fans are a laughably overreactionary fanbase.    

Tomlin may not be retained after his current contract runs out, but the chances of him being straight up fired are very bleak.    

Over the past two years or so, Antonio Brown seems different.  The Facebook live thing, throwing a tantrum on the sideline when he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him and the little outburst on Twitter that he continues to have.  He went from never making waves to a guy who is in the news more and more for distractions off the field.

Archived