Week 3: IT'S MATTY PATTY! (Patriots head to Detroit)

Apparition

Who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Patriots
    • Lions

7e9498977496914.png

Squaring off against a familiar face should help get this team back on track. The Lions have all kinds of issues on defense right now. I'm willing to call Stafford's week 1 performance a fluke, but I've never thought especially highly of him as a QB anyway. The biggest challenge in this game will be keeping their great trio of receivers (Tate, Jones and Golladay) from running rampant against a secondary that struggled with Jacksonville's unheralded group.

Well, if we don't figure out a way of stopping the crossing routes, it will be a high scoring affair. Matt knows that weakness as well as anyone.

We need to bounce back, but they need it more. 0-3 teams never get to playoffs, so they're fighting for their lives (although, not sure if they're fighting for Matty P....)

34-27, NE and we get the running game going. Their run D is appalling with very little talent at DT and MLB. Their MLB can't play.

22 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Detroit will have issues covering Rob Gronkowski, James White, Josh Gordon (if he plays), Phillip Dorsett, and Cordarrelle Patterson. Michel also looked pretty good in the passing game yesterday. 

Patterson doesn't need to be covered, he'll just trip over his own feet right after catching the ball for a loss.

10 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Patterson doesn't need to be covered, he'll just trip over his own feet right after catching the ball for a loss.

That was awful. Could have won the game if he takes that pass to the house or even first down. Was game over after that

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Pats are expected to win judging by this poll. No votes for the Lions. So, thoughts on if the Pats lose and Lions win?

Depends how. Honestly I just rule September losses out - like they don't count. It's November, December and January where we become the Pats everyone hates. 

But that said, yeah that will suck big time because Lions are tragic. 

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Pats are expected to win judging by this poll. No votes for the Lions. So, thoughts on if the Pats lose and Lions win?

That would mean a massive meltdown on both sides of the ball. The Lions are pretty horrible from what I've seen so far.

Archived