Week 3: IT'S MATTY PATTY! (Patriots head to Detroit)

Apparition

Who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Patriots
    • Lions

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

Yeah, before he got hurt again. The Steelers need secondary help more than they need LB help and the area where they lack the most at LB is speed, which Hightower lacks, so...?

Hightower has been courted by the Steelers this year. That's a fact and that's my evidence for believing the Steelers would be interested in a trade now. Hightower is bad right now, but he is working back from his injury still and will probably be about 80-85% of the Pro Bowler he was in the past towards the end of this season.

Regardless, the Steelers biggest issue that I've seen and heard has been their lack of pass rush and Hightower will be able to move from inside to outside if need be and rush the passer. The Steelers would probably use Hightower in more of a blitzing role. Also, the Steelers organization and Mike Tomlin don't strike me as a team that cares about Hightower's slow start. I think they're going to do what they want to help the defense right now regardless of whether or not it's a great solution. Plus, losing Hightower on defense for the Patriots only takes away another linebacker from their underwhelming depth chart. The Steelers will probably look at it as gaining an advantage by taking away from the rival Patriots their veteran Super Bowl winning team captain with some athletic ability when back in-shape.

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

The QBs and head coaches of the Titans, Jets, Raiders, and Pats have a combined 13 super bowl rings to 0, so I can understand the confidence.

course 12 of those are b and b

Miami opened as +9.5 underdogs... seems a bit much to me. I mean I know we haven't won there since 2009... but +9.5? I wonder if the line has moved since it opened.

Yeah based on the results the first three weeks thats a very aggressive line for sure, I think people are counting on psycho Bill going scorched earth over the next 7 days and these guys not losing a third in a row.  

I think we either win by a wide margin or we lose, and it'll say something about where this season is headed either way.

By that I mean:

If they win in a blowout, the narrative will be the Patriots are back, everyone watch out.  Which would have some truth but doesn't erase all the real problems with this roster.

If they lose again, the narrative will be the sky is falling. Being 3 games back and losing to Miami at home would be really bad so there'd be some truth there too, but it would also probably be overstated tbh.

The truth with this team is they'll probably right the ship and find a way to win the division with 11-12 wins but whether they're capable of winning a super bowl... they dont look it right now, but only time will tell.

On 9/23/2018 at 11:20 PM, mission27 said:

Its almost like their philosophy on offense right now is "lets play conservative and stick to our game plan and save our money plays for really tight spots."

Except when you're going up against a team that's smart and eats clock and scores a couple times in the first quarter you can't do that.  And they aren't adjusting. 

Its rare you see this kind of **** back to back with a Belichick coached team.  I expect Miami will get demolished next weekend.  If not we've got a real problem. 

Not to gloat but

Archived