Thoughts on Goff?

FrantikRam

Are you pissed off by the comparison between Goff and Mahomes this year ? Everyone is picking Mahomes over Goff because he made highlight play, escaping the pocket and completed pass. He's more "shiny" than Goff...

It the same thing like last year where everyone was picking Wentz over Goff...

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Are you pissed off by the comparison between Goff and Mahomes this year ? Everyone is picking Mahomes over Goff because he made highlight play, escaping the pocket and completed pass. He's more "shiny" than Goff...

It the same thing like last year where everyone was picking Wentz over Goff...

Nah. I don't care. We just need to keep winning.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. I don't care. We just need to keep winning.

Agreed. I think Goff has a way higher chance of winning a Superbowl than Mahomes. I really feel like the chiefs are pretenders...Andy Ried will be figured out about week 8 like always and Mahomes will fall into mediocrity just like Alex Smith did last year...

I love Mahomes but we are seeing him at his best. We have yet to see him at his worst. He still has those tendencies to throw interceptions because he takes alot of chances with the ball trusting his arm. 

Goff on the other hand, we know who he is. He doesnt really turn the ball over. People kept saying how his 4:1 td to int ratio was a fluke last season. This season so far Goff has nearly a 6:1 td to int ratio. He is on pace for 44 tds to 8 ints.

So overall, I disagree with Simms. Mahomes isnt a 10 QB gap between himself and Goff. I dont even think alot of those QBs belong ahead of Goff. I bet Simms are going off of the past with some of those QBs, excuses with others as to why they are struggling now, and then the ultimate "its mostly McVay not Goff" reason not to give Goff the respect he truly deserves.

I agree though, as long as Goff and the Rams keep winning, I dont care about rankings. Plus there is a head to head MNF showdown in Mexico City thats looming. May the best team win and the best QB show out. 

Archived