Josh Gordon to the Pats

beardown3231

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Be prepared to be wrong, then. Even if it doesn't work out, it's practically zero risk for you guys. If he works out, then you're getting the best receiver your team has had since Randy Moss.

I never said it was risky, I said I had zero faith it would turn into some great reward.

2 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Ok guys by bringing in Gordon doesn't it basically admit that trading Cooks was a mistake? Could they not of just kept Cooks and let him leave via free agency at the end of the year. Cooks has no baggage like Gordon does.

Totally different market valued Cooks at a 1st rounder, Gordon at less than a 5th rounder... the baggage is the price for getting an even more talented receiver for peanuts

18 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Totally different market valued Cooks at a 1st rounder, Gordon at less than a 5th rounder... the baggage is the price for getting an even more talented receiver for peanuts

Its also a little foolish to think Cooks doesnt have baggage. No one remembers him complaining about not getting the ball in NO? He just followed the rules here, but I am willing to bet he kept his diva like attitude in the locker room. 

Josh Gordon is seems like a really good person who has demons. I’m really pulling for him to do well both on the field and off it.

Also listen to some interviews with him, He is a smart dude the playbook won’t be a problem if he is committed to learning it. He never really was in the building enough to learn the 5 playbooks we have had in his time in Cleveland.

you guys have seen his talent first hand, it’s all still there.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Its also a little foolish to think Cooks doesnt have baggage. No one remembers him complaining about not getting the ball in NO? He just followed the rules here, but I am willing to bet he kept his diva like attitude in the locker room. 

Eh.

Cooks had a little baggage when he first got here (even then, much less than Gordon) but acted as a professional from all we’ve seen of him in NE. He was less productive with less targets and we didn’t hear a peep, so I wouldn’t assume Cooks carried his bad attitude based strictly on what happened in NO. Especially when he carried himself well as a Patriot.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:28 AM, DoleINGout said:

I think the Pars inquired about trading for Gordon last year or prior to that. Wouldn't surprise me to see them involved in Gordon now which talent wise I get but at the same time I'd almost think it was stupid at this point with everything that has happened in Cleveland.

After 5 years of getting jerked around by this knucklehead, I'm glad he's somebody else's problem now.  

He's like having this smoking hot girlfriend who you want to spend the rest of your life with, but she keeps nailing other dudes and you know in your heart of hearts she's nothing but a whore.

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

And he lost us a Super Bowl

20 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Ok guys by bringing in Gordon doesn't it basically admit that trading Cooks was a mistake? Could they not of just kept Cooks and let him leave via free agency at the end of the year. Cooks has no baggage like Gordon does.

Nah because of the draft capital we got. You have to consider we swapped Cooks for Michel, and now we also have Gordon. So net win, even if it wasn't directly related to the Cooks deal. 

Archived