Josh Gordon to the Pats

beardown3231

16 hours ago, Tully305 said:

After 5 years of getting jerked around by this knucklehead, I'm glad he's somebody else's problem now.  

He's like having this smoking hot girlfriend who you want to spend the rest of your life with, but she keeps nailing other dudes and you know in your heart of hearts she's nothing but a whore.

Yep.

Now, about your 99 other problems...

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Eagles re-signed Jordan Matthews. Who does better this season, Matthews or Gordon?

Relatively, it's harder for Gordon. Toss up, if Gordon learns playbook and stays clean - he goes off. Matthews is a safe bet for steady production season-long and right away

On 9/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, Deadpulse said:

Its also a little foolish to think Cooks doesnt have baggage. No one remembers him complaining about not getting the ball in NO? He just followed the rules here, but I am willing to bet he kept his diva like attitude in the locker room. 

Its a little different baggage though, most good receivers ***** about getting the ball, the key is to actually be on the field producing. 

All and all though seems like very low risk, very high reward, so I love this.

:x  Josh Gordon looks like Gronk downfield.  Always rips the ball out of the air and has no issues catching away from his body.  Amazing YAC ability...good balance, strong, and once he hits his longer strides he's gone in the wind.  

For a 5th?  That's nothing.  Super pumped to have a shot at such a talented receiver for a 5th

I saw Michael Lombardi said he wouldn't have done this trade?

Don't see how the Patriots lose on this trade.

Draft picks are so overrated and this guy is a top end talent in the league. Do people really think that this guy is going to break this locker room? Belichick will cut him before he lets that happen. There is nothing but upside in this trade.

Also lol at Bart Scott's comments. Be more salty

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Starless said:

Gordon is a RFA after this season. Barring him falling off the wagon, I'd expect the Pats to bring him back at the top level tender. 

no reason not to. He's already made a huge impact that I expect to continue. The way he fits into this offense is actually pretty amazing. 

On 11/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, Deadpulse said:

no reason not to. He's already made a huge impact that I expect to continue. The way he fits into this offense is actually pretty amazing. 

The crazy thing is, I don't even think he's gotten fully acclamated with Brady and the offense yet.  They still got lots of kinks to work out. Anything he's done up to this point has just been off of pure talent and skill set. I'll take that floor any day...

On 9/22/2018 at 7:27 PM, Spooky said:

Also lol at Bart Scott's comments. Be more salty

“For years the recipe to break down a dynasty is to steal from its personnel — not add to it,” Scott said. “That’s exactly what the Cleveland Browns did this week when they traded Josh Gordon for a fifth-round draft pick. Now last year when Cleveland needed a quarterback and they were trying to find the quarterback of their future, they reportedly offered the Patriots the highest draft-pick compensation for Jimmy G. What did Bill Belichick say? No thanks. “Fast forward to this week, you’re going to give them arguably the top-five receiver in the league and help them out after they looked like the dynasty was beginning to crumble after the Jacksonville Jaguars destroyed them. Now, I’ll give them some credit only if Gordon becomes a Trojan Horse and wrecks the entire franchise. Hopefully, he’s a double agent.”

4 hours ago, Spooky said:

Doug Kyed asked whether you would have a first in this upcoming draft or sign Gordon to a long term deal. What do you y'all think

I think this is a no brainer. Gordon stays on the field and it's him no question. 

Gordon to a long term deal. We're used to living off scraps in the draft.

I would like a fast linebacker though...

Archived