Rob Kelley out at least a Month

RSkinGM

6 hours ago, Woz said:

Would it be surprising if Thompson got hurt? Especially when he's coming off a broken leg and being used in a high volume?

If the Colts just demonstrated how to beat the Redskins, then Thompson is going to see the field more ... and get hit more.

Bad Woz bad! We shall speak of no predictions of injuries 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Bad Woz bad! We shall speak of no predictions of injuries 

Not predicting injury, just projecting the increased risk to Thompson if he sees more carries (he has a track record of getting hurt). I'm not saying it will happen, but that it becomes more likely if they move to giving him more carries.

This all said, having Kelley on the shelf isn't the worst thing. Honestly, this will be Perine's one last shot: if he cannot carry consistently without fumbling, he's going to be traded or released next year (since Kelley won't be with Gruden at the helm).

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Not predicting injury, just projecting the increased risk to Thompson if he sees more carries (he has a track record of getting hurt). I'm not saying it will happen, but that it becomes more likely if they move to giving him more carries.

This all said, having Kelley on the shelf isn't the worst thing. Honestly, this will be Perine's one last shot: if he cannot carry consistently without fumbling, he's going to be traded or released next year (since Kelley won't be with Gruden at the helm).

Yeah, I pray Perine shows something. I like the guy and think he has far better vision, quickness and power than Kelley. I hope he can avg around 4 ypc and stay as AD’s and next year Guice’s back up. 

Archived