Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

How long does it take Gordon to learn the playbook and the system? I'm betting 5 weeks. 

The Pats will put him on the field initially just to run a lot of simple routes that don't require him to have timing with Brady. But he's one of those guys who, just by virtue of being on the field, will open up the offense. Edelman and Gronk will benefit a lot from his presence.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

The Pats will put him on the field initially just to run a lot of simple routes that don't require him to have timing with Brady. But he's one of those guys who, just by virtue of being on the field, will open up the offense. Edelman and Gronk will benefit a lot from his presence.

Yeah but those simple routes will be sloppy as hell, specially if the play isn’t designed for him

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

How long does it take Gordon to learn the playbook and the system? I'm betting 5 weeks. 

I mean, a go route is a go route. He'll attract attention from a decent CB and a S at times, and that could open the field up elsewhere.

Plus, Cordarrelle Patterson has gotten a bunch of touches for the Patriots in the first couple weeks. I'm betting Gordon can pick it up just as fast, if not faster, as long as he's not high.

If he becomes a problem, I doubt the Patriots will think twice about cutting him. They'd lose a couple rounds of value in the draft pick they'd get back, risk-reward, blah blah

Just now, buno67 said:

Yeah but those simple routes will be sloppy as hell, specially if the play isn’t designed for him

I think they'll be willing to tolerate that kind of thing if he makes the occasional big catch. Hell, they let Moss freelance a lot of the time.

Archived