Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

The browns didn’t let him do whatever he wants. He has tried that twice. ‘14 and now. He got suspended for a game in ‘14 and costed him an accured year and this year it got him traded. Other teams the punishment was taken out of he hands of the team becuase he was breaking league rules 

Yeah... The Browns are not what I’d consider a stable organization.

13 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Stable organization or not they stuck by his side and gave him as much help as possible and they never tried punishing  him for His drug issues. That’s what the commish is for. They tried to get him help and support. 

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Gordon's problems predate Cleveland. The instability in Cleveland likely didn't help but let's not act as if he was a well adjusted, well behaved guy in college

This is who he is. New England almost certainly won't change him. Can he lay off the drugs for a few months? Assuming, of course, that he's not using right now? Is he actually passionate enough about football to stay clean for 14-18 weeks? Probably not. He has shown repeatedly that he doesn't care enough to get/stay clean. Why would that change in a higher pressure environment with a much tougher coach? 

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

for followers of this thread, buno has been one of the most anti-gordon if not the most anti-gordon posters in the last years in the browns forum.  the dude hates josh.  

hey man my hate wasnt nearly as strong as it was in '14

5 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Gordon's problems predate Cleveland. The instability in Cleveland likely didn't help but let's not act as if he was a well adjusted, well behaved guy in college

This is who he is. New England almost certainly won't change him. Can he lay off the drugs for a few months? Assuming, of course, that he's not using right now? Is he actually passionate enough about football to stay clean for 14-18 weeks? Probably not. He has shown repeatedly that he doesn't care enough to get/stay clean. Why would that change in a higher pressure environment with a much tougher coach? 

I think he might be clean. Now its other aspects of his personality that is showing up.

I like it that you say he is now in a higher pressed environment with a much more demanding coach. It was rumored that he didnt want to start training camp because of the potential anxiety. That training camp can be overwhelming for him. Hence why he had to miss 2-3 weeks of it. If he couldnt handle Browns training camp, how is he going to handle a playoff run with the Pats.

Hell his biggest issue prolly isnt drugs but he greedy business manager. 

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

Dude the Browns didn’t Fail him.  He failed the browns. He just never truly cared. He doesn’t care about football enough to put the effort that is needed. 

He’s not the first guy with character issues that the Browns couldn’t get on the straight and narrow. I get it, they were good to him and did everything to help him. But the Browns kinda feel like that bleeding heart teacher or mentor that the trouble maker student takes advantage of because they can always get a pass

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He’s not the first guy with character issues that the Browns couldn’t get on the straight and narrow. I get it, they were good to him and did everything to help him. But the Browns kinda feel like that bleeding heart teacher or mentor that the trouble maker student takes advantage of because they can always get a pass

Browns have never had a player with the issues like Gordon had. When it came to drugs they tried to do whatever they could to help. This year his incidents weren’t with drugs just him being a moron and showing he doesn’t care about the team/football. So Dorsey said the hell with him. With his baggage and the way he is acting with what the browns did for him for training camp, you can’t blame for finally saying enough is enough. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Browns have never had a player with the issues like Gordon had. When it came to drugs they tried to do whatever they could to help. This year his incidents weren’t with drugs just him being a moron and showing he doesn’t care about the team/football. So Dorsey said the hell with him. With his baggage and the way he is acting with what the browns did for him for training camp, you can’t blame for finally saying enough is enough. 

Manziel

Archived