Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I mean, a go route is a go route. He'll attract attention from a decent CB and a S at times, and that could open the field up elsewhere.

Plus, Cordarrelle Patterson has gotten a bunch of touches for the Patriots in the first couple weeks. I'm betting Gordon can pick it up just as fast, if not faster, as long as he's not high.

If he becomes a problem, I doubt the Patriots will think twice about cutting him. They'd lose a couple rounds of value in the draft pick they'd get back, risk-reward, blah blah

He has had trouble picking up offense the past couple years. He had issues picking up Shannys offense and he had picking up Haley’s offense. 

Also have fun dealing with his business manager. He might be the biggest cancer to Gordon’s career outside of weed

4 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I mean, a go route is a go route. He'll attract attention from a decent CB and a S at times, and that could open the field up elsewhere.

Plus, Cordarrelle Patterson has gotten a bunch of touches for the Patriots in the first couple weeks. I'm betting Gordon can pick it up just as fast, if not faster, as long as he's not high.

If he becomes a problem, I doubt the Patriots will think twice about cutting him. They'd lose a couple rounds of value in the draft pick they'd get back, risk-reward, blah blah

Yeah we give 5ths away like they're a hot potato. Won't be worried about cutting him. 

If nothing else, taking high class defenders away from Gronk is a win for us.

Just now, buno67 said:

He has had trouble picking up offense the past couple years. He had issues picking up Shannys offense and he had picking up Haley’s offense. 

Also have fun dealing with his business manager. He might be the biggest cancer to Gordon’s career outside of weed

It's a late 5th round pick for a guy with the talent of a top 5-10 WR while going to the best situation with Belichek and co. in the league man.

There's little risk and tons and tons of reward potential. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, they must have been desperate to get rid of him, to be fair.

I actually didn't think it was that bad of a return if they were done with him. Obviously nobody else was putting in a higher offer. His market value is his market value. It's low risk high upside for the Pats, but that percentage of busting out has to be considered fairly high. 

Archived