Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

I see why the pats did it. But this is not like adding Randy Moss. Josh Gordon has done nothing in the league since 2013. The guy has substance abuse problems, and not only that hes one of those players who simply doesn't care and is a cancer. THe Browns should have gotten rid of him years ago. Why the NFL keeps wasting time on him IDK. Yes hes talented, but so are other players. The Patriots really don't need him, they will do their thing regardless. But I see they are seeing if they can get him in their system and he suddenly gets his act together, and at the least provides a threat. 

7 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Browns and Pats recent trade history:

2016 - Browns get Jamie Collins for a 3rd

2016 - Pats get Barkevious Mingo for a 5th

2018 - Pats get Danny Shelton for a 3rd

2018 - Pats get Jason McCourty for a 6th

2018 - Pats get Josh Gordon for a 5th

2019 - Pats get Baker Mayfield for a 4th and 7th?  

Browns are getting #MeToo'd by the Pats, and no one seems to care

Mccourty was a steal for us imo he blows. 

Collins has under performed but has been an important part of our d. 

Its 60/40 to the Pat's imo.

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I hate how dumb the rest of the NFL is. How does nobody beat that offer? Why do teams just let the Pats get whatever they want? 

Son, I just said the same thing to my cousin. I just don't understand why they allow Hoodie to have the finesse power of 1,000 suns.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Why would anyone want this guy on their roster? Just gonna screw up again.  How long before he is cut?

For 31 other teams, totally agree.

For BB and the Brady...no leaving the classroom without a hall pass. That team's modus operandi is like no other. Conform and produce, cool you're gonna do well here. Don't conform don't produce, cool you're gone and we'll replace you in 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Starless said:

The Pats will put him on the field initially just to run a lot of simple routes that don't require him to have timing with Brady. But he's one of those guys who, just by virtue of being on the field, will open up the offense. Edelman and Gronk will benefit a lot from his presence.

Agreed.

I said this earlier today in the Josh Gordon trade, but I'm so happy that Gordon ended up with the Patriots and not a team like the Cowboys.  With the Patriots, you have a very strong and caring owner... same with the head coach.  Tom Brady is as good of a leader as there is in professional sports and the locker room in general is exactly what Gordon needs.  Structure, discipline, leadership... All things the Browns don't have and all the things the Patriots have had for so long.

Amazing fit on and off the field for Gordon and I'm hoping he succeeds.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Difference tho, he wouldn’t rip those slants when defenses actually defended them. Unless Gordon is going to be buttass naked on that slant, I wouldn’t expect that kind of production like that

You realize that he won't be playing with the same crap talent the Browns had, right?  This dude is about to play with Tom f'n Brady and Rob Gronkowski.  Who was his QB during that season with the Browns and what other all-world talent did they have on that offense outside of Joe Thomas, who is an offensive lineman?

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

You realize that he won't be playing with the same crap talent the Browns had, right?  This dude is about to play with Tom f'n Brady and Rob Gronkowski.  Who was his QB during that season with the Browns and what other all-world talent did they have on that offense outside of Joe Thomas, who is an offensive lineman?

So much this. He also failed to mention Gordon's ability on deeper routes with his size/speed/leaping ability to be a mismatch with most CB's

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

Are you saying he wasn't playing with great talent when he had Brandon Weeden and Brian Hoyer throwing him the ball? 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

So much this. He also failed to mention Gordon's ability on deeper routes with his size/speed/leaping ability to be a mismatch with most CB's

Ignore Buno when it comes to talking about Josh Gordon. I'm convinced Gordon slept with his GF or something.

Archived