Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

The fact that you've brought up Michael Floyd multiple times when talking about Josh Gordon just shows how  absurd your views are on Gordon. If you were sick of his antics and didn't think he was worth the headache, then fine. You'd be justified in thinking that. But to downplay his talent as much as you do is simply ridiculous.

Michael Floyd was a pretty talent guy and he was the last WR that had some major issues that the Pats took a chance on. 

Both Gordon and Floyd are around 6’2-6’3 both around 225lbs. Floyd faster 40, extremely similar 10 and 20yars splits. Floyd better vert. Same broad jump. 

Floyd was an extremely talented WR, but just like Gordon, had his demons. Floyd had issues with Alcohol and Gordon with Weed. 

Thats why I keep comparing him to Floyd. Gordon is closer to Floyd than Moss or Ochocinco

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I looked at Gordon's age, and he just turned 27 with very low mileage on his body.  Guy has a legit opportunity to change the course of his career and life.

Yup, it could be play out similar to Cris Carter if he can keep himself straight. He certainly has the HOF talent and is now playing for the premier organization of the NFL.

I hate he's going to New England but I do hope he can turn his career and life around.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll give @buno67 credit for consistency here. He’s always hated Gordon. It’s to the point where I think he took his mom out for a nice seafood dinner and never called her again.

Momma Buno67 is a saint! You understand me, momma buno67 is a saint!!!

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

Right. Nevermind J Gordo absolutely crushed it with all world talent like Jason Campbell at QB. Your being blinded by hate.

QBs played no part in his lazy route running or ability to run the proper route. Blind hate, this has been aspect of Him his entire career

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Michael Floyd was a pretty talent guy and he was the last WR that had some major issues that the Pats took a chance on. 

Both Gordon and Floyd are around 6’2-6’3 both around 225lbs. Floyd faster 40, extremely similar 10 and 20yars splits. Floyd better vert. Same broad jump. 

Floyd was an extremely talented WR, but just like Gordon, had his demons. Floyd had issues with Alcohol and Gordon with Weed. 

Thats why I keep comparing him to Floyd. Gordon is closer to Floyd than Moss or Ochocinco

Dude, keep living in fantasy land. Floyd has never come even close to looking like Gordon has at his best.

Also, I'm assuming because the Patriots traded for Gordon and a number of other teams were interested in him that he will not be suspended by the league for relapsing?  I know a bunch of people were speculating that the only way the Browns would release Gordon is because they knew that he was going to be suspended because he failed another drug test.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Also, I'm assuming because the Patriots traded for Gordon and a number of other teams were interested in him that he will not be suspended by the league for relapsing?  I know a bunch of people were speculating that the only way the Browns would release Gordon is because they knew that he was going to be suspended because he failed another drug test.

No rumors came out that he hurt his hammy doing a not football/browns related activity Friday night and when it came to Saturday meetings he was late to it. Wasn’t the first time he was late for a meeting since reporting. 

I think Dorsey thought Gordon would show more effort after the browns showed so much good will/faith when he basically skipped training camp. 

Gordon might of been sober but he was showing other signs of being unreliable. Not knowing his routes, coming late to meetings, and hurting himself doing god knows what 2 days before a game. 

39 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I get why the Patriots did it, but I would be surprised if it worked out.  Gordon lacks accountability and is going to the organization that cares about that the most.  Can't wait for a 'late to team meeting/walkthrough' so Gordon is inactive for the game story...

Not playing for the Browns anymore and going to arguably the best organization in football could cure that. Then again, it might not. Time will tell but it absolutely was worth the gamble. 

Archived