Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

He'll be cut or suspended by Thanksgiving. 

As a Pats fan, I'm hoping it works out but expecting something like 5 games played, 15 catches 250 yards 2 TD and then gone 

He was a great player in 2013. Everything since then has shown he's a failure in every way possible.

At least he should take snaps away from the awful (without any hopes of being good) Phillip Dorsett and Cordarrelle Patterson. Watching those guys waste the last year or two of Brady's career is  pitiful. 

18 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Not playing for the Browns anymore and going to arguably the best organization in football could cure that. Then again, it might not. Time will tell but it absolutely was worth the gamble. 

Pressure increases 100x fold going from the Browns to the Patriots.  I mean, I get the move for the Patriots they should do everything to win the SB...

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yep he killed teams ripping quick slants for 30+ yard plays when teams were playing prevent soft coverages 

You hate on Gordon too much. He's going to rip it up in New England, no doubt. Your hatred for Gordon is undermining what he'll do on the field for the Patriots.

From what I've heard directly from a Browns employee (not in a football operations position), he's loathed by his teammates and they wanted him gone. It had nothing to do with drugs...it was an attitude problem and most of the veterans wanted him off the team. I never heard boo about him being a locker room cancer, but apparently, according to one of the people in the Browns organization that sees players on a daily basis, he's a clown.

All that being said, the Patriots got a steal. He's worth a top 10 pick if he's not doing drugs, regardless of how he is off the field. I fully expect him to be a top 3 WR in the NFL once they start using him regularly in the rotation.

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You hate on Gordon too much. He's going to rip it up in New England, no doubt. Your hatred for Gordon is undermining what he'll do on the field for the Patriots.

From what I've heard directly from a Browns employee (not in a football operations position), he's loathed by his teammates and they wanted him gone. It had nothing to do with drugs...it was an attitude problem and most of the veterans wanted him off the team. I never heard boo about him being a locker room cancer, but apparently, according to one of the people in the Browns organization that sees players on a daily basis, he's a clown.

All that being said, the Patriots got a steal. He's worth a top 10 pick if he's not doing drugs, regardless of how he is off the field. I fully expect him to be a top 3 WR in the NFL once they start using him regularly in the rotation.

I am certain that coaches love the dude because they think he could bail them out with his play he is a game breaker. That said he is also a mirage in a lot ways, inconsistent, unavailable. 

Hawk and JT both said they liked the guy on their podcast... 

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Pressure increases 100x fold going from the Browns to the Patriots.  I mean, I get the move for the Patriots they should do everything to win the SB...

remember he missed training camp due to "anxiety"...playing for the pats is going to be a lot more stressful now than getting ready for the season with training camp.

Long and short of it is this. Patriots gave up a 5th round pick which isn't much, there is insurance just in the off chance Gordon screws up. So there's no risk. Gordon is one of the most talented receivers in the league, he's just had massive personal issues. If he cannot keep it together on the Patriots he was never going to keep it together anywhere in the NFL. It's really no risk on the Pats part and he becomes less important once Edelman returns. If he makes it, he's going to be great, if he doesn't he was beyond help and you can write the guy off forever.

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Meh. Gordon was going to be forced to be a superstar on the Browns and that's true on a lot of teams. Belichick is the best coach in the league at identifying the best attributes of a player and only putting him in positions to accentuate those attributes. Gordon is going to be worked, but he's going to largely be kept in his comfort zone and not asked to be a world class guy unless he handles what they initially give him. 

Hell with Gronk he's not even the biggest passing threat on the Patriots

4 hours ago, FinSting said:

For 31 other teams, totally agree.

For BB and the Brady...no leaving the classroom without a hall pass. That team's modus operandi is like no other. Conform and produce, cool you're gonna do well here. Don't conform don't produce, cool you're gone and we'll replace you in 5 minutes. 

Exactly. That is why I said when he is gonna get cut? The dude never plays. He loves drugs more than football. Such a bad fit because Gordon will never conform to anything or anybody. He is a lost cause at this point. 

This is a low risk, potentially very high reward for the Pats.   Even if they cut him in a few weeks (which I dont see), so what?    They lose a pick which usually nets a backup or special teams players at best.   Oh well.   Pats will survive.

Totally worth it for the Pats.

Unless a suspension is near this is Gruden grade trading. What in the huh. Yes Gordon has question marks but unless they knew impeding suspension was near. This is sooooooo bad for the Browns. It’s like they are trying everything possible to lose. Get a bad *** defense but start tyrod over the good qb and then trade the best offensive weapon you dealt with the hard times n good times out of everything you had to deal with to out of nowhere....... bye......... 

Archived