RB Frank Gore: 4th all-time rusher

FinSting

Dolphins' RB Frank Gore is now 4th on the all-time rushing list in NFL history. He went past Curtis Martin yesterday. Only two top 10 guys are still active, Gore and Adrian Peterson (who might just pass Tony Dorsett this year). 

Gore is not normal...he's averaging 4.8 yards per carry at age 35 (after 2 games, 18 carries for 86 yards). He also sealed the Fins win over the Jets yesterday by catching a pass thrown a bit low at his feet, and converting a rather unexpected 1st down on a 3rd and 19 that allowed Miami to take the Victory Formation the last few plays and run out the clock on a feisty Jets team. 

49ers, Colts, and now Dolphins. 

Franklin Delano Gore, a tip of the hat to you, sir. 

1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
2 Walter Payton 16,726
3 Barry Sanders 15,269
4 FRANK GORE 14,112
5 Curtis Martin 14,101
6 LaDainian Tomlinson 13,684
7 Jerome Bettis 13,662
8 Eric Dickerson 13,259
9 Tony Dorsett 12,739
10 ADRIAN PETERSON 12,392

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I remember Gore in college before all of his injuries took his incredible agility away. Dude has had one hell of a road, I would say he deserves HOF recognition.

Ater Gore had torn his ACL not once but twice with the Hurricanes, did any of us expect to see him being impressively productive in the NFL at age 35? I'm guessing no. 

Gore's preparation is legendary, he trains in the offseason with lots of young RB's who may or may not be former Hurricanes. When RB Lamar Miller was the #1 RB for the Dolphins prior to him joining the Texans, he would often talk about how Gore was schooling him during training sessions. Gore is a good running back, a good receiving back, and a good leader. 

Got to love this guy! 

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

I wondered if anyone would mention that...

In all seriousness though he’s a great player and definitely deserves some Hall of Fame recognition. The fact that he’s played this long at such a consistently good level speaks volumes.

Archived