? Week 3: Steelers (0-1-1) @ Bucs (2-0)

ravishingone

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Steelers are talented and desperate for a W which makes going 3-0 a huge challenge. We have to run the football successfully. 

They're giving up 152 yards a game on the ground. If ever there was a game to get Barber going and really open the offense, it's this one.

This could be a shootout (again).  I don't know how the steelers cover DJackson since the safeties have been out of position too often.  I can see burns allowing 3 TD's alone, but then they also have to cover Evans, Howard - it never ends here since the Bucs have some weaponry. 

The Bucs seem to have more success running out of 3 WRs sets.  When they get a lead and want to run clock, using their jumbo personnel package isn t working.

The offense didn t do the defense many favors after going up by 20 last week.  The DJax run out of bounds, really could have cost them the game.

37 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The Bucs seem to have more success running out of 3 WRs sets.  When they get a lead and want to run clock, using their jumbo personnel package isn t working.

The offense didn t do the defense many favors after going up by 20 last week.  The DJax run out of bounds, really could have cost them the game.

Yeah Barber really was running into 8 and 9 man fronts second half because of our lead. I agree with running out of passing formations. We just don’t have enough to gut good DL yet. I hope we address guard early. As we’re witnessing what good OL play can do.

5 minutes ago, indifference said:
46 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah Barber really was running into 8 and 9 man fronts second half because of our lead. I agree with running out of passing formations. We just don’t have enough to gut good DL yet. I hope we address guard early. As we’re witnessing what good OL play can do.

Doesn't help that we revert to the tried and true run, run, pass late in games. For at least one drive. And it doesn't matter how many defenders are in the box. 

One playaction pass on first down with a Howard/Brate drag would be 20+ yards and pretty much seal the game. But we run Barber for a loss of three.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Doesn't help that we revert to the tried and true run, run, pass late in games. For at least one drive. And it doesn't matter how many defenders are in the box. 

One playaction pass on first down with a Howard/Brate drag would be 20+ yards and pretty much seal the game. But we run Barber for a loss of three.

Fitz ought to audible out of those plays. Teams are going to let Fitzmagic beat them with their arm because they know he is prone to mistakes. So far his decision making has been great. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Fitz ought to audible out of those plays. Teams are going to let Fitzmagic beat them with their arm because they know he is prone to mistakes. So far his decision making has been great. 

I wonder how much free reign he gets to check plays. He should since he’s clearly capable of reading a defence, but Monken may just not like it as a policy.

I like what Shanahan/ McVay do by having the offence line up early and you can get your check in before the headset cuts out, so that could be a happy medium.

Our quick game is so effective. Honestly, we’re as well trying to pass to burn clock at this stage. Take the matchup and finish the game with a smile.

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Blount also got his first carry and dragged a few defenders for an extra 5 yards.

Regis Benn had an outrageous block on that play as well.

Amazing to think this is our best start to a season since 2010, yet we consistently got stomped by good teams that season. 

Just now, Buc Ball said:

Blount also got his first carry and dragged a few defenders for an extra 5 yards.

Regis Benn had an outrageous block on that play as well.

Amazing to think this is our best start to a season since 2010, yet we consistently got stomped by good teams that season. 

But we raced SO FAST to 10 that year.

Archived