? Week 3: Steelers (0-1-1) @ Bucs (2-0)

ravishingone

Let s get it started.  The teams only scheduled prime time game.  If the good guys keep playing well, that will probably change later in the year.  As the week gets started, I m sure hoping Grimes and Vea can make it back.  Prayers to the football gods might be needed.  Brown and Smith Schuster on the outside, yikes.

I have felt for awhile the Steelers defense hasn't been the same without the unfortunate injury to Ryan Shazier.  If the Bucs oline can hold, the offensive barrage should continue.  Enough to outscore the Steelers, not sure. 

Discuss.

44 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've gotta watch out for Big Ben becoming superhuman in the fourth quarter and scoring a ****load of points in a hurry. Our defense gives up everything short at the end of games. That's gonna be key.

Curious if DeCastro  makes it back this week.

Coming into this season and out of the 3 games without Winston. This is the one that scares me the most. These guys seem to own the Bucs when they come to Tampa. I still have nightmares about the last time they came down here and they have well travelling fans. If you think seeing all those Eagle fans yesterday was bad. There are going to be a lot of black and yellow jerseys next week. 

I do expect this game to be similar to a Big 12 shootout and I am going with the good guys 45-42. 

After an ex-Steelers PR man intimated that Brown would not be an elite receiver without teammate Ben Roethlisberger, Brown responded, “Trade me let’s find out.”

For what it’s worth, Roethlisberger believes that Brown’s sideline flare-up with offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner was “just frustration,” and doesn’t believe that the receiver wants to be traded. Still, Big Ben says that he’ll talk with Brown on Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Can't imagine he doesn't play. But worth noting.

::EDIT::

He straight didn't show up. He was noticably upset last week. Wonder what's going on, aside from losing.

The Steelers are a dangerous team, but as a Bucs fan I don't mind reading about team chemistry issues right now.  It would be shocking if he doesn't play, but to have AB  off his game is not a bad thing.

Precedence would say this is going to be a shootout with the way these offenses and defenses have been playing, and right now I like our chances at winning in a shootout

The Steelers had a hell of a time covering perhaps the only receiving core that's on par with our unit.. Kelce (109 yards, 2 TDs), Watkins (100 yards), and Tyreek (90 yards, 1 TD) last week and it doesn't get any easier this week for them.. I can see OJ having his best game of the season while Pittsburgh focuses on covering DeSean deep. Mike Evans should feast, and if they want to double him I could see Godwin breaking out with some more targets.

The difference I think is going to be who wins the turnover battle and gets more possessions in result.. that Justin Evans TD really made the difference in the Saints game and we need another big play like that this week. Their o-line struggled the first game but did better against the Chiefs.. the results were night and day, with Ben getting sacked 4 times the first game and throwing 3 picks vs him only getting sacked once and throwing no interceptions last week. Big test for our new look line to see if we can get consistent pressure and change the game. 

I'd love for this game to be RoJo's debut.. with the focus on our passing game he should see some lanes and have a chance to prove himself finally. I'm still waiting to see him fly down the field on a wheel route like he did in preseason too. 

Archived