? Week 3: Steelers (0-1-1) @ Bucs (2-0)

ravishingone

On 2018-09-18 at 12:33 PM, REDandPEWTER said:

Steelers are talented and desperate for a W which makes going 3-0 a huge challenge. We have to run the football successfully. 

I am waiting to see if Fitz throws deep on the first play for the TD. Why not, it worked last week .

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I am waiting to see if Fitz throws deep on the first play for the TD. Why not, it worked last week .

A lot of factors went right on that play.  First, the Eagles used a corner blitz.  The Bucs used max protect with a 2 man route.  For whatever reason, Jenkins the single high safety decides to try and jump the slant, which was actually turned into a slant and go. 

It was good offensive execution against terrible defensive execution. With this offense, if a defense goes single high safety, he better do his job every time, be the deepest guy on the field every play. 

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

A lot of factors went right on that play.  First, the Eagles used a corner blitz.  The Bucs used max protect with a 2 man route.  For whatever reason, Jenkins the single high safety decides to try and jump the slant, which was actually turned into a slant and go. 

It was good offensive execution against terrible defensive execution. With this offense, if a defense goes single high safety, he better do his job every time, be the deepest guy on the field every play. 

we have had issues at safety to the point I don't know what to expect.  Chiefs could have had 2 more TD's thrown last week according to playbook. DJax is a known deep threat,  but how will the steelers defend this I don't know. With the Bucs not being able to run that well, I would consider a Nickel all the time.

18 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

we have had issues at safety to the point I don't know what to expect.  Chiefs could have had 2 more TD's thrown last week according to playbook. DJax is a known deep threat,  but how will the steelers defend this I don't know. With the Bucs not being able to run that well, I would consider a Nickel all the time.

I m waiting to see how the Bucs offense reacts with a defense playing 2 high safety most of the game.  The Bucs oline is pass protecting so much better then last season. The interior oline play in particular is night and day better.   I think the Saints and Eagles thought they could exploit the oline with blitzes.  If I m the Steelers, I m rushing 4 at most 5 and hope the guys playing zone dont blow an assignment.  Playing man with Evans, DJax, Godwin, and Howard on the field together is a recipe for disaster.

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m waiting to see how the Bucs offense reacts with a defense playing 2 high safety most of the game.  The Bucs oline is pass protecting so much better then last season. The interior oline play in particular is night and day better.   I think the Saints and Eagles thought they could exploit the oline with blitzes.  If I m the Steelers, I m rushing 4 at most 5 and hope the guys playing zone dont blow an assignment.  Playing man with Evans, DJax, Godwin, and Howard on the field together is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe after this game, the bucs can convince the steelers to trade them Bell to compliment the weapons they have on offence . 

Archived