Week 3 Bengals @ Panthers

MrCincinnati

41 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I just think Ross needs some plays for him to succeed and get his confidence back. Screens, end arounda, crossing routes 

I agree with this as well.  This season he's essentially:

• A decoy to occupy double coverage downfield while Boyd/Eifert do work underneath.
  • Ever so often take a deep shot down the sidelines (just to keep the defense honest but also it has to be near the sidelines so if it's not complete, hopefully it'll be out of bounds).
  • Bubble screens and end arounds

I don't trust him on crossing patterns, comebacks or quickouts.  He quits on his route and it's an INT...

33 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I agree with this as well.  This season he's essentially:

• A decoy to occupy double coverage downfield while Boyd/Eifert do work underneath.
  • Ever so often take a deep shot down the sidelines (just to keep the defense honest but also it has to be near the sidelines so if it's not complete, hopefully it'll be out of bounds).
  • Bubble screens and end arounds

I don't trust him on crossing patterns, comebacks or quickouts.  He quits on his route and it's an INT...

It's pretty obvious his confidence is still shot.  IMO i'd design some plays specifically for him at the beginning of the game.  Whatever those are.  If it goes well, maybe he can have a good ballgame.  If it doesn't, then you probably limit his involvement in the game.

33 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Andrew Brown might get a call up

Maybe.  They're going to need to clear a roster spot for Burfict in another week anyway.  Would they just leave the spot open you think?  The team is relatively healthy, so they don't need all those inactive spots.

Archived